Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Waking up feeling anxious and ehhh

I woke up this morning scared. I can't even have that moment of peace before you realise what day it is and what you're supposed to do today. I've eaten the corner of a piece of toast. I'm so frustrated at myself. I seem to be like this everyday. Yesterday afternoon was bliss for me, I managed to escape the anxiety and have a nice afternoon. I'm seeing my doctor today for something other than Emetophobia, but maybe I should tell her. I'm scared my Mum will find out somehow and I don't want her to know. I don't even know if I will have enough time to talk to her about how anxious I get and this phobia. I really hate telling anyone so I guess I just need to grow a pair and do it. Can you give me any words of wisdom?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Waking up feeling anxious and ehhh

Why are you anxious exactly? Do you have a reason or is it just random, out of the blue anxiety for no reason? If you can't eat due to your anxiety, you definitely should tell your doctor about it. That's not normal. It's not easy to admit to having fears like that, but keep in mind that doctors are there to help but they can't do that if you don't tell them what's going on. You'll get much more help and support if you tell your doctor, most likely they will find a way to reduce or get rid of your anxiety. It's worth a shot!

I have anxiety from this phobia. It seems like nothing needs to trigger it anymore, it just happens. I'm so nervous to tell her about it, because I don't talk to anyone about it, but she is so lovely and caring so I shouldn't really be nervous. I'm just a bit of an awkward person at times. Thanks for your reply

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

I guarentee one thing, that if you tell you mom and your doctor, you will feel sooooo much better. I used to bottle it up and come up with excuses as to why I couldnt do things, and finally when I met my wife I told her about everything. She is really supportive and help me though it. However she has other Phobia (not vomit related), that I help her with. I bet your mom probably knows anyways as my mom knew as Ive had Emetophobia since I was about 10.

I feel anxious often out of no where too which leads me to feel panicked and worried about vomiting even though I have no reason. I suggest telling your doctor. If it effects your everyday life and making a difference between what you want to do and what you actually do she will make time for it.

Thanks for the replies! I just told my doctor. I feel so elated that she knows. I have a thyroid condition which can trigger anxiety, but my anxiety is also from this phobia. She's just suggested to me to do 15 minutes of exercise twice a day, a minute of deep breathing a few times a day (even once a day is fine) and to just focus on positive things and not to let everything get irrational which is easier said than done but oh well. I'm also going to see if I can get in with some counsellors at my uni which she said would be beneficial too. Anyway, feels so good to have told her. Felt like such a fool, i literally had to just say everything so fast haha "I'm getting really anxious and it's cause I have a phobia of vomiting" x 20 speed! haha oh well, she's a great person and I didn't feel any judgement. Just glad to have a medical professional give me some advice, now I feel like I can actually go through with this. Thank you dears!

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

Good for you for speaking up

Kick emets a....

Thanks Cynna... loving the cat picture! I think I will have a break from this forum, definitely made me focus on things more specifically, but thanks to everyone that's ever given me some support in posts etc. It really is a great community on here.

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr: