Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down LEEP procedure Monday. Any help?

I have to get the LEEP procedure on Monday to remove cancerous cells in my cervex. Has anyone had this done before? What happened? Any N*?
    I'm so anxious about it, I'm feeling sick already.

Default Re: LEEP procedure Monday. Any help?

I had that done when I was 18. It didnt bother me. Just uncomfortable. I didn't get any nausea or anything. You should be fine. Good luck.

Oh and after that procedure I never had an abnormal pap again. So whatever they removed that was it.

Didn't get that but I got a colposcopy a few years back (basically they use a camera to look at the cervix) and my doctor was having a lot of fun teaching the resident about the exam while using a brush to poke and scrape inside the cervical opening. It wasn't painful really (caused a few cramps similar to mild menstrual cramps) but it felt wrong in a way. Didn't cause nausea at all, though.

I had one done about 9 yrs ago after my second child. I was scared sh*tless. But it was quick and I didn't have any N* and very little cramping either. The only thing that they didn't tell me was the incredible (sorry TMI) smell that would happen after and that u would be bleeding charcoal. Scared the hell out of me! I called my doc and they assured me it was normal. Just be sure to abstain for about 6 weeks if I recall correctly, you don't want to set yourself up for infection.