Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic Attack

Exclamation Panic Attack

I'm panicking right now. My mom just made brats for dinner, and when I took a bite it was all bloody inside! She didn't cook them all the way I guess. Anyways, I didn't swallow any of it and I spit a bunch of times so If I had any virus in my mouth it would go away, but I'm terrified. Will I get food poisoning? I'm like on my bed shaking right now and I want to cry because I'm just so scared.

Default Re: Panic Attack

I live in the UK and have no idea what Brats are, but after googling I believe they are a type of germany sausage (bratwurst). You wouldnt have eaten enough to get good poisoning and there would have been no virus on the inside of the pork because the outlayer projects it, which would have been cooked properly. To get ill off Bacteria, you would need to eat at least half the sausage to injest the millions of bacteria it take to make one ill. That only assuming that there is Bacteria in there, 99% of the time, there isnt any bacteria in there. Plus if you mom cooked them for a while, even if there was blood, 99.9999% of the bacteria would have already been killed. You have next to no chance of getting food poisoning from this.

Default Re: Panic Attack

Okay, thanks. I know that my chances are slim to getting in, but it's still just such a scary thought. Thanks for the reassurance