Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh please help feeling unbearably n*

It's 1:30 am now and I've felt n* all day. I tried to play it off to anxiety but it hasn't stopped and it's just getting worse. I don't want it to happen, I'm so scared. I'm trying not to get upset because I know that will only make it worse. Ugh please help

Default Re: Ugh please help feeling unbearably n*

I think if you been feeling bad all day and haven't v then you most likey won't. I know it easy for me to say. I've felt like that many times and night time makes it worse. Have you ate anything? If you did were you worse?

Try to redirect your thoughts. Instead of thinking about how scared you are, tell yourself you can handle it, even if you don't believe it. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Bako, that's what I keep telling myself. Nighttime is always such a struggle for me and I try and talk myself out of it. Yes I ate today and still had the same level of n*, not better not worse :/ Grace, thank you. I came here because usually talking to people who understand calms me down

There are three words from one of the best books I have ever read, Success through a positive mental attitude. They can be applied to any thing you want to achieve or conquer in your life.

Conceive, believe, achieve. Conceive of the desired thing. In this case, feeling better. Believe it can happen. That's what telling yourself the desired thing over and over is about until you believe it. Then you will take steps to achieve your goal.

Well put Grace. I wish I could think like that during an attack.

I hate nights. I've been feeling off myself since last night. I got put on a pill and if this keeps up I'm gonna say I'd rather deal with anxiety than continue this medication. I haven't had an appetite all day. If I try to snack on something it doesn't settle. So this combo of night with new pill. Ugh. A nightmare.

I hope you start to feeling better. I'm in a bind myself. :-/

This phobia only acts up for me when I've been around a sick person or during flu season. I wish I could always remember this stuff all the time, too. However, I have used this method to get over other fears I've had in the past. I have used this system to my advantage in several areas of my life.

Sounds like what I have VERY often, but it never, ever leads to v* though. Point the finger at anxiety on this one. I know it's hard as I've been there, but TRY having a positive attitude. I often have to say to myself, 'You won't v*, it's just anxiety' at least 100 times before I start calming down, or I just do something to distract myself. This type of nausea is the absolute worst, as you can have it for days. Well, that's definitely the case with me anyway.

Hope you feel better soon! Take care.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Thanks guys, I made it through last night, but tonight is just another struggle. Still feeling off, have been since yesterday morning. I just keep telling myself to fall asleep because I'll be fine but it's so hard to fall asleep when you feel like this. I can never tell if I'm n* because I'm hungry or sick- I tried eating but it didn't settle well. Ugh I hate this phobia