Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pretty sure I've got something...

Today has been horrible.

Woke up and felt fine, had my breakfast and went off to work. About 11:30, I was talking to a friend and I got this sudden wave of n*. I put it down to hunger. I went back to my desk but couldn;t shake it, felt worse, and went to the loo. Had a bm* but no d*.

Came back to my desk and just felt this overwhelming sense of n*, everything around me felt strange, my legs started feeling seriously wobbly, my heart was beating so quick, so I went downstairs to get some quiet. But nothing was shaking it, everytime I looked up from the floor I felt weak and scared.

It got so bad that I attempted to go back to my desk but I was in tears, I couldn't cope with how I was feeling.

Luckily, my sister has come and got me, and I'm now on the sofa. The thought of food makes me just feel weird, and now I feel lightheaded.

I haven't felt this bad in a very long time, I feel completely beside myself. I don't dare eat. Please can I have some advice?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Pretty sure I've got something...

This is strange - do you have a fever or any other symptoms? It almost sounds like anxiety to me, if you don't.

I don't have a fever. I have managed to eat but feeling extremely tired now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, it does sound like you got a panic attack after the initial nausea and that's why you got all weak/racing heart. You should be safe to eat, perhaps get some sleep first to calm down and stick to bland foods like soup and toast, but I think it's not a virus.

I wouldn't worry. I think you're safe to eat, just rest.

Feeling rubbish again. I managed to feel a bit better, ate some lunch, but now I feel that n* feeling in my throat, my stomach is hurting (keep feeling like I need the loo), I feel hot, and SO heavy. The lethargy is horrendous, I feel like it's difficult to even open my eyes.

It sounds like you might have a mild flu bug. I don't think it's an sv because I doubt all that extra stuff like feeling lethargic, racing heart, etc would come. Like I said, you might just have a mild bug and then panicked when you got n. Feel better

Yeah, could be a cold or flu if you're feeling extremely fatigued. It can cause mild bloating/nausea. Maybe you could try drinking ginger tea? It'll help with the nausea and the cold if that's what you have.

Have you taken your temp? If it is the flu, most do not v.. with it. Feel better soon.

Kick emets a....

If it was Noro the V* would happen imminently literally minutes after the N* so I think you're safe in that respect. It could be the Flu since that can make you feel awful in different places but it's quite uncommon to V* with that so don't panic.

Had you taken any medication or anything that your'e not used to? I ask, because even though my panic attacks feel like what you described, I had an "episode" over Christmas that I chalked up to anxiety... until I realized that I had forgotten to take my anti-depressant, and what I was feeling were withdrawal symptoms! As soon as I took it, I felt much better. I have also felt like that due to low blood sugar-- the weakness, nausea, etc. In those cases, a peppermint usually does the trick for me. Hope you are feeling better now. I do not think it's the sv*-- it would come on faster. The flu usually comes on pretty fast, too-- especially the fever.