Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Well, last night I had my first panic attack in over a month. I wasn't feeling well before bed, and it was most likely just my nerves, and it didn't help that I had had sushi for dinner because it got me imagining that I had food poisoning. Anyway, it turned out fine of course, and I had a good sleep. I just feel really disappointed in myself because I thought I was doing better. And I know my parents are really stressed out about it because they really thought it was over with. I just don't want the panic attacks to come back like they were before.

I don't know.
    \"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.\"

Don't be disappointed in yourself for having one panic attack, be proud of yourself for the amount of time you went without one. Draw a line under the one you had yesterday and begin to count up the days without one again, and reward yourself in some small way for every day you go without a panic attack.

Don't see your panic attack as failure (Sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth - that's just the impression I'm getting from your post) because no human is infallible and having one attack is not a sign of weakness.

We are all here for you [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sorry you had a panic attack. And I know how disapointing it
    can be when you haven't had one for a while. I myself had one
    last night as well. We were at the fireworks, and when I went to
    try to leave (because I felt sick) a bunch of people had
    blocked my car in. That's a nightmare for me because I hate
    feeling trapped when I feel n*! I sat in my car and cried
    hysterically! It was horrible. But I too, slept well
    afterward. It can be so frustrating to deal with. But not
    having an attack for a month is wonderful! Maybe next time you
    will go two months! Glad you are feeling better today.
    Carrie

Thanks for the help you two! Hopefully I can go for awhile without another one. It would be really nice not to have to deal with this at University in the fall! I know the feeling of being trapped in, too. I hate taking the bus for that reason! And next year I wont have a car so I'll be on the bus more than I care to be!
    \"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.\"

I agree with Yenn.. You should reward yourself for doing so well up until that point. And look.. You got past it and are fine now. I think instead of feeling like something negative happened you should recognize the positive. Each time you get knocked down by this phobia (or panic) and you allow yourself to get right back up, you are showing the anxiety who is boss.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Aww, panic attacks suck but I agree that you dont' need to be so hard on yourself. You went a month w/o one! That's quite an accomplishment!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Good for you. I wish I could go a month without worrying.....