Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

On saturday night my uncle went out to get a lottery ticket and a bit of shopping and never came back. He was gone for an hour so my aunty drove the to the supermarket that he had gone to, couldn't see him, checked his car and saw that there was no shopping so she thought he met have met someone he knew an gone to the pub. After another hour she rang my cousin Natalie who lives in Brighton (we live in staffordshire) and asked her if she was worrying over nothing. Natalie said no and that she would try the local hospitals. She tried one and felt silly because he had not been there, tried another one and they that yes he had been bought in but there was nothing they could do and he was dead. She then had to phone my aunty and ring her then travel from brighton to stafffordshire contending with all the traffic from live 8. He was only 53 and it is such a shock. Some friends went to ask in the supermarket what exactly happened to help piece things together. They said he was at the deli ordering some meat and he just clutched his chest and dropped down. The coroners report came back today and he had a blood clot in his heart. How scary to the shop and just drop dead. He had been to the well man clinic 2 weeks before and everything was fine.

My Mum only spoke to last Thursday to see if my 2 cousins are coming to the evening reception of my wedding and he said that they were all looking forward to it and couldn't wait. We are a close family but don't all get together very often. My auntycan't stop crying and my cousins have now got so much tom go through without their dad. It's just awful.

My Mum is in a terrible state and I hate seeing her like this. I have been in a terrible state for a few months now with coming off my tablets and wedding nerves and she has been really worrying about me. I really don't want to add to her problems but I feel like I am falling apart and I don't know what to do. I just think the world is a horrible place.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

That is absoultly horrible. I am so very sorry for you and your family for your loss. I will be praying for your family, take care, and again I am so sorry.

Hey babe,

im so so sorry to read your post - ur right, the world is a horrible place - and a cruel one too. this is awful news and im so so sorry for you and your family. Just when u think life is taking a turn for the better - u get knocked back.

Oh Hale - i just dont know what to say - except im here and if u need to PM or MSN me then please do. For anything - this, the drugs or just to take ur mid off things...

so sorry babe - try and keep strong.

thinking of you

ems xx

Thanks so much. my mum is the one i want when i feel like this and i really want to look after her but she won't let me because she hates fuss so i feel really useless. I cry all the time but my mum is really strong but she is really close to her family so one someone close to her dies she just goes to pieces. Anyway, Thanks so much.

i am so sorry to hear this Hale. what a shock... thats the worst i bet.

i'm sorry its come at such a bad time too... bet you feel like nothing else could go wrong right now...

i will cross my fingers that things will start to look up for u very soon...

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss, and although life seems totally unfair to you at the moment, I think that there is a reason for everything.

there is a reason your uncle died the way he did. Maybe it was for you to come to this board and tell us. Maybe someone who sees that post will look at life a little differently, maybe someone who hears about your uncles death will make his/ or her own health a priority. Maybe something more tragic would have happened to him if he lived longer. Maybe it will change someone else's life for the better, even without you knowing it.Maybe a wife who reads this may pay more attention to her own husband, realizing he may not be around forever.

I strongly belive that everything happens for a reason, and that we have to take this story to heart and live our own lives to the fullest, and learn from others, and how quickly life can be taken away, and value every second.

My heart goes out to you, and while you may struggle with this for awhile, remember that somewhere, somehow, your uncles death may have given someone else life.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Good lord, Hale, that's tragic. I'm so sorry. My prayers are out to you. <3

Aww, I'm so sorry! That is so shocking! I can't imagine what you and your family must be going thru right now. Just knwo you're in my thoughts and prayers.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I am sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, everyone is going to die sometime in their life, and for your uncle, it happened to be more unexpected. This world is a cruel place, but there is not really much anyone can do about it (natural things, I mean). But, that is horrible. Sorry.

Lizard

I'm sorry about your uncle. I had a friend who was just about to get married when her mother went into a coma. She had a massive stroke and went into a coma, that was about 2 years ago. The week before she had the stroke the doctor said she was in perfect health (Except for the smoking). It was a shock to them too. But things happen for a reason...I believe that everything happens for a reason. Maybe you can't see that reason yet...but it will be revealed in time.

Once again, I'm sorry.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I am late seeing this, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. How tragic.

Thanks for all your posts.