Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Threaded View

Default Lukewarm Meat...?

Hi Guys,

I hate to make another thread and draw more attention to myself. But I'm wigging out, again. So last night, my siblings and I went to dinner with my Grandpa. We went to this bbq place, and our food came very quickly after we ordered it. Probably not a big deal, since bbq places are always cooking meat. Anyways, the meat they brought out was lukewarm, I even got one bite that was semi-cold. To my knowledge, the meat was all cooked thoroughly (it was pork and beef, none of it was raw to my eyes at least). The temperature of the meat was freaking me out, but I was with my grandpa so I ate it anyways and didn't make anything of it. We ate at about 7:30 or 8:00, and as the night went on, I just felt really full, but not sick. But I couldn't stop thinking about the temperature of the meat. I went to bed around 11:30, and at about 12:30 I had a weird experience. I think it was a panic attack. I was thinking about whether I would get sick or not, and I was so full so I was thinking it was a possibility, and I just snapped. I started sweating a lot, had cold chills and I was shaking uncontrollably (panic attack, yes?). It freaked me out because I typically don't react in a psychosomatic way, but I had a physical reaction because of what was going on in my head...not good.

I finally fell asleep after about a half an hour. Woke up this morning feeling shaky and weak, but not really sick. I haven't eaten much all day out of fear of being sick, but I've been snacking here and there. So my question: if the meat were bad because of the temperature, would I have gotten sick by now? I'm thinking I would have been sick last night if I were to get sick from the meat. I dunno, what do you guys think? I've talked with my siblings today to see how they've been feeling and they're both fine. I'm thinking my weakness/shaky/not eating is all psychological.

Thanks again. I'm going to see a counselor on Monday, hopefully I can start getting this under control.
    Last edited by surfer777; 01-18-2013 at 08:01 PM.