Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I need to talk to someone who understands me.

I honestly don't feel like I can do this anymore. I avoid everything I possibly can at all costs. I wash my hands like a crazy person, I never eat without washing my hands, I don't touch my eyes, nose, mouth or anything on my face unless I have washed my hands and feel they're clean. I avoid eating certain foods, I won't eat foods normally unless they're prepared by me or my close family. I really just don't know what to do anymore. And the one time I try to just be normal, and have a snack without thoroughly washing my hands, or I eat something that was prepared in a restaurant, it seems that the entire night is spent wondering if I'm going to get sick and overanalyzing every little feeling in my body. Like for instance, today. I worked with a friend who has had the stomach virus for 3 days, the works. Everything, and she was feeling a lot better today so she came to work. I know you can't get it by breathing in someone's breath, I know that I've been cleanly, but what if the one time that I might've rubbed my eye and didn't wash it, is the one that has the virus in it? Then I will over think it and I will have anxiety and make myself feel sick regardless if I would've been or not? So what is the point. This is literally ruining my life, I can't do this anymore!! I don't know what else to do I feel hopeless and helpless and I feel like I'm burdening my entire family, my boyfriend and my friends with it. Is there anyone interested in skyping or talking on Skype chat at late hours? I live in MI, and I do plan on visiting a psychiatrist soon to see if we can get me on medicine or like get started with some kind of treatment, because honestly I am at the point where I honestly feel like giving up. Anyone want to talk you can text me your name and just let me know you're from this site, or text me your Skype name and you can talk to me on there, because I just really need to talk to people who understand where I'm coming from right now.

Default Re: I need to talk to someone who understands me.

I think you'll find some people here that would be willing to talk. I think there are even a few more people in MI. I didn't want you to think no one read this post or cared, but honestly you should probably move it to the "private-general discussion" section. It would also be OT there and the side benefit of only IES members can see it.

Hi,
    I totally understand how you feel. I've been suffering with emetophobia for 33 years (since I was 10 years old). It's a torturous way to live, but not many people can understand how it feels. If you would like me to text you, message me your number. Hang in there and just take it one day at a time.

I understand you. Most people on this site will understand you. I have been living with emetophobia since I was 9 yrs. old, and I am going to be 37 in 11 days. Many, Many times I have felt the exact same way you do--like I just cannot do this anymore and I cannot imagine living the rest of my life with this constant fear. It can be paralyzing. And I have 2 kids so I live with the constant fear that one of them is going to get a sv, and then I might get it--for me this is the worst of my fear, that I will get sick. I could deal better with my kids if I knew I wouldn't get it. I can't stand the thought of it happening to me. I am glad you are going to see a psychiatrist for this--meds. can help with the anxiety and resulting depressions symptoms. I would also strongly suggest counseling--it can really help, but may not always be easy. You can do it. You are bigger than your emetophobia, you are stronger than your fear. Conquer it and stop it from controlling your life. Hang in there, and remember everything is going to be OK no matter what happens. I don't do skype, but you can send me a message if you want.

Hi.

If you look hard enough on the net, you can bring up posts even in private using google. PM is better to give out information such as skype names and such. Please be careful since we never know who we are talking to on the net. I find this place to be pretty safe, but there have been occasional trolls on the forum and in the chatroom.

It can and does get better. Good for you for taking the steps to see a doctor about this. Some anxiety meds are addictive (benzos) so be careful. There are lots of diff meds out there that can help in conjunction with therapy. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....