Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Mirtazapine

Default Mirtazapine

My doctor is taking me off Mirtazapine which is good because i dont really want to be on pills but ive read lots of horror stories about the withdrawl from it.I was on 45mg and now i have some 30mg to start coming off it.I have been taking it for about maybe a year.

Anybody have any experience with withdrawl from this drug? i keep reading about people suffering from nausea and also v*

I want to come of it but its kinda worrying

Default Re: Mirtazapine

Hi, I was on this medication a couple of years ago, they kept giving me nausea, I had to take Buccastem to stop it, horrible tablets. You should fine if your GP switches you onto different medication like mine did or you are taken slowly off them, your GP will know exactly what to do. I switched back onto Cipralex & I was fine.

Regards

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russells View Post
    Hi, I was on this medication a couple of years ago, they kept giving me nausea, I had to take Buccastem to stop it, horrible tablets. You should fine if your GP switches you onto different medication like mine did or you are taken slowly off them, your GP will know exactly what to do. I switched back onto Cipralex & I was fine.

Regards

Russell
    That's weird and also slightly worrying! I'm switching onto them this week from Citalopram as they are well known for having an anti-emetic effect!

Ive never felt sick because of taking them

its just the coming off them im worried about.The only side effect i had whilst on them is feeling tired and sleeping well which isnt a bad thing