Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Might have ingested cat urine- help!!! :(

I know this is rank but I was tidying up with my other half and we chucked out two things that had cat pee on (my pet is a bugger at times!). I then ate a small chocolate bar but afterwards I noticed my hands smelt of that ammonia cat urine smell. I honestly can't remember if I touched anuthing else before I touched my chocolate bar.

Im so worried as thw urine might have been a little old and I just read it can cause v* and d* - I'm sorry this is so gross but I cant move im so scared!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Might have ingested cat urine- help!!! :(

I didn't touch the things we chucked by the way- I think I touched something else!

I've been kissing my cats everyday for years. Some days they smell a little peeish and I have never gotten sick from it. It is only dangerous to babies and very young children and pregnant women. You'll be fine.

Does not sound like you would have ingested any amount that could do you harm. I am not a doc though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Thanks Grace - I read stuff online (I know it's bad!) so it's got me freaked. How long do you think I'd have to wait if I was affected?

And thanks Cynna, I wish I knew how much would have to be ingested before it caused v*.

You can always call poison control if you are worried.

Kick emets a....

That sounds scary. I hope it doesn't come to that - I don't even know if we have that in the UK.

I think it would have to be more than just the amount you had. I'm sure you're fine.

Honestly, I never heard of anyone getting sick from having a little bit of cat pee odor on their hands. It's just a little ammonia, no worse than the stuff used to clean houses. Besides, urine is sterile. You'd have to drink the stuff by the glassful to get sick from it, and even then some people actually drink urine because they think it has health properties (some people are insane) and they don't get sick