Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Red face OT: Haven't felt nauseous since last Sunday.

This is a record for me, honestly. Usually, I can feel fine for half a day and the terrible nausea comes back. I used to have it constantly. All day, everyday near enough but now I've been SO fine! Almost 100% anxiety free and everything. The only thing that's bothering me a bit at the moment is my arm that's really aching because of yesterday. Thing is.... I was given Omerpazole on Monday to take twice a day, and since then I've felt fine. I have a few dodgy moments but that's it. Nothing comes up anymore! It seems like they're working a treat. Just shows I had a lot of acid in my stomach. :P

I've been thinking since yesterday about something... Since it was EASY to cure my needle phobia, I've now got HIGH hopes in curing my emet! I say to myself, 'if it was THAT easy to cure my phobia of needles, it might be the same for my emet!'. Then again, a phobia of needles isn't as bad as emet.. Ohhhh and it's made me realise that the fear is worse than the whole act itself!

Anyways, I'm going to CURE my emetophobia by 2014! I CAN do this! So can all of you!
    Last edited by Rls1994; 01-19-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: OT: Haven't felt nauseous since last Sunday.

Great news! It seems like it was for the better. I used to get n* when I was younger constantly and it wore off so I'm sure it will gradually ease of for you too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is great, so glwad something worked. I am new to posting on this forum, In the last year or so it seems like I feel nauseoa so much.. I think that since I hve emetophobia I am interepreting every little sensation as n.. ugh.. any suggestions... getting worse with stress...

hey guys, thanks for your kind words!

When we're nervous, we produce more acid in the stomach. When that happens, it gives us all sorts of symptoms. Nausea is one of them. My reflux is 100x worse when I'm anxious/nervous about something which is nearly constantly. So, I've been put on Omerprazole 40mg a day. I have NO side effects from them! It seems like a LOT of emetophobics have acid reflux, IBS etc.

I can totally relate to the nausea thing though. Sometimes, I'm just REALLY hungry but it just feels like bad nausea so I don't eat, thus making it worse. But I've learned from that mistake now. :P

By the way, welcome to the forum horsewoman!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

GOOD FOR YOU. YOU CAN BEAT THIS AND KICK EMETS A...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....