Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Daily thread?

Default Daily thread?

Greetings, friends!

I am relatively new to posting here, but I was wondering if you did anything like a "daily" thread on this Website? Basically, folks would post something each day; maybe about how they are doing? Kind of like an Online "support" group where folks can get to know one another a little better?

My thought was something such as posting something fun (maybe non-emet. related) about your day, and then a little something about your treatment, or how you are feeling that particular day?

I posted an introduction a while back, but I have suffered from emetophobia as long as I can remember. Right now, I am under treatment with several medications along with CBT; I am severely underweight (>20 pounds), and trying to gain, but am still struggling a bit. I started a new SSRI this week, and am just dragging my rear all over the place feeling so tired. I guess that is OK, since my brain will not shut off most of the time... Ha!

Just throwing that out there!

Default Re: Daily thread?

Hi. Welcome. I do not make it to the introduction thread a lot.

I am an emet that is scared of others v.. I only have mild anixety when I do it myself.

I read you intro. If you are going to v... for any reason, you will do so regardless if you have eaten or not. Not eating will not prevent v..... Not eating weakens your immune system. Please eat.

Have you looked into Ensure or something to gain weight? There are too many here that struggle with eating.

There are OT (offtopic) posts all the time. Text games is also a fun way to get to know someone. Text games are at the bottom of the main forum page. You can always go into the chat room too. The link is on the main forum page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....