Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Ugh, didn't last that long....

I'm back to square one again with feeling really nauseous and my stomach feels REALLY off. It's hurting and feels as if it's churning. I'm also getting stuff come up again although I've taken Omeprazole 40mg. I'm a little freaked out since I was at the doctors on Friday and I'm wondering if I've picked up something as I've heard the SV* can get you two days after being exposed...

I felt brilliant last week up until last night.. I knew feeling that good was too good to be true..

Why can't this just STOP? It's driving me nuts.....
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Ugh, didn't last that long....

Noro takes from 12 to 72 hours to show up - usually within 24 hours. I am sure you are safe from noro. I know you practice good hand hygiene. You'll be fine.

Unfort this phobia doesn't go over night, good that you had a good week last week, but it's how you handle the bad days, will tell you how much you improved, the key to it all is finding that trigger will help us beat it, i am sure you ain't got noro just sitting in drs, unless you gone round licking door handles, it just your mind playing with you.

I doubt you have noro, it usually shows symptoms very quickly after exposure, usually in less than 24 hours. So basically you have an upset stomach and reflux in spite of the omeprazole.. you know, I went through something similar a few years back and they thought I had H.pylori too (test was negative). I switched to pantoloc as medication, that helped a bit more. Turns out what I had was simply a lot of stress for various reasons AND seemingly I was eating the wrong foods. Don't get me wrong, I had a "healthy" diet before but cutting out all wheat products helped a lot, enough that I was able to get off all medication and I've been feeling fine for years now. So you might want to give that a try to see if it helps your symptoms. Keep in mind I'm no doctor, so you should discuss an exclusion diet with your doctor to see if you should attempt it first.

Does not sound like noro. Prob anxiety possibly combined with your potential pre existing tummy issues. Try to get your mind off your tummy. Try watching some Avril videos on youtube. Take the time to learn her little "dance" from the Girlfriend video. It is hilarious when the port a let falls over. Count the number of product placements in the What the Hell video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Thanks guys. I feel a little better now but it's still there a bit. Not as bad as earlier though thankfully. I think it's my GERD acting up again since I ate a load of crap last night after midnight. Bad idea. :P I'm patiently waiting for my blood and stool test results to come back.

Haha Cynna! What The Hell is actually my favourite song by Avril Lavigne! I love it! I've liked her for years but only recently listened to that song. I didn't really like it much at first, but the third time listening to it I started loving it.

I've been obsessed with drawing lately. Since I have a lot of spare time now, I end up doing a LOT of pictures that sometimes takes over 3 hours to do. Shame I'm awful at drawing people! I plan on being a cartoonist.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"