Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation afraid of v* because of HPV vaccine! please help!

im really worried
    in about an hour im gonna get it and im afraid I'm gonna v* because they said that was one of the side effects
    oh god what should i do

Default Re: afraid of v* because of HPV vaccine! please help!

I have had the HPV vaccination, and don't remember any nausea or anything. Definitely no v*! You will be fine. They have to put v* down if even one person experienced that-- and it could have been from anything (fp, sv, etc). It's a good preventative measure from cancer caused by HPV.

That's not a typical side effect of vaccination (any vaccination). Remember that they must include any symptoms someone experiences in the clinical trials after the shot, even if they are not related to the shot. So let's say some of the girls who got it had a sv* during the clinical trial and v* because of that, it must be included in the side effects. So, chances are you will be just fine! That reminds me I should get my shots even though they're bloody expensive...

I had no side effects from that vaccine but sleepiness, because I get sleepy from every injection. You will be okay!

I had all three of them and had no side effects at all. The only thing that happened was it stung pretty good while I was getting it. No big deal tho and it only lasts a few seconds. You will be just fine!

I only v* about a day and a half after getting what I believe was the last one, BUT I was feeling a little n* beforehand, plus my mom started v* the same time as me. Like others said, if someone v* they have to put it down as a side effect, even though the vaccine didn't necessarily cause it. Correlation does not equal cause

My sister and I got the vaccine a few years ago and I had no idea that that was even a side effect! I'm sure if I would have known I would have never done it but it actually never made me feel sick the only thing is that it really hurts, it made my sister burst into years which was actually pretty funny because we thought she was being over dramatic like she always is and then I got it next and I was like wow now I know why you started crying! Haha

i got the HPV vaccine in year 7, on one of those school vaccine days, and out of the 60 kids, nobody v*. it does hurt quite a bit, and your arm feels heavy for the rest of the day, but no n* or v*. a few kids fainted, but only because they bad needle phobias.

besides, its bettter to have a sore arm for a day, than an icky illness