Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Will I be okay?!?

So here's the deal... I agreed to let a lady in my church make my husband and I dinner tonight. She said she just wanted to do something nice for us because her kids or should I say her teenage boys love us. I agreed without even thinking about it. Now that I'm thinking about it I realized that her one son had the stomach flu 2 weeks ago (to be exact 2 wednesdays ago so it's been a little over 2 weeks). From what I know nobody else in the house ended up catching it. The mom will be cooking and as far as I know she hasn't had it. Are we safe to eat over there or are we at risk of catching something just being in their house?!? I'm nervous but can't back out now. We are going there tonight right after work. I just want everyones opinions. Thanks!

Default Re: Will I be okay?!?

Of course you'll be ok! Enjoy the meal!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope so. It's been at least 2 full weeks but last sunday another one of their kids left church sick. I don't know that he ever threw up but he was sick. I just hope that they didn't get it during the week and I didn't hear about it and i'm putting myself at risk.

Honestly I've eaten at someone's house a week after their whole family had a stomach bug and it was food she prepared, I never got sick (and I wasn't thinking and didn't wash hands before eating etc). So yes, you will be totally fine!

I have eaten at someone else's house WHILE they had a stomach virus. You will be fine honestly. I never got sick.