Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pregnant and away from home...scared!

I'm away from home at a conference in the Caribbean. Currently am four and a half mos the pregnant and up until this point of the trip, have been reasonably ok. I was very nervous before leaving about flying etc but ended up doing ok. However am panicking right now as my tummy feels quite upset. I've already taken a zofran and am wearing sea bands. So scared I'm going to be sick alone. My husband gets here day after tomorrow and I think I'll be ok once he's here but in the mean time I am so panicked. I ate this veg lasagna for lunch which Is the only different thing I ate from other people. So scared of fp. I just don't think they have the same standards of cleanliness as I do! What's the worst is that I can't take any panic pills as I am pregnant. Really in need of so e reassurance and support right now

Default Re: Pregnant and away from home...scared!

Where in the Caribbean? When I was in Jamaica (lived there for 4 months, and St. Lucia for 1 month and ate local food, made by locals), I had no issues whatsoever with the food. We drank the water in Jamaica but it smelled like chlorine, and if we were away from where we lived in Montego Bay, we just had bottled water or bottled drinks. In St. Lucia the tap water caused some mild diarrhea for a couple days until our systems adjusted, and then we were good. Food wise though, never had a single problem!!

Tummy upset may just be pregnancy stuff, or anxiety, or could just be something that didn't agree with you. Do you have any nausea? It sounds to me like you're dealing with straight up anxiety- statement that is telling- "My husband gets here day after tomorrow and I think I'll be okay once he's here"... Definitely sounds like the anxiety is getting to you! Try to distract yourself with tv or something fun tonight!