Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared I'm coming down with Noro - please help :(

Hello everyone,

I feel sickly, and have a full feeling. I've been eating normally and no D*, stools are normal. Freaking out because my Mum said when she came down with Noro she started by feeling 'full'.

I had flu about two weeks ago - genuine flu, the kind where you are bed-bound. Since then I just haven't felt right. I'm still coughing up mucus (despite finishing a course of antibiotics a week ago). The cough is so bad it almost makes me wretch. The doctor said it will clear up on it's own and that my chest sounds fine. But since the flu I've also had waves of nausea (which have been the worst today), and a burning burn where my rib cage is (if you tough my rib cage or feel either side of me in that area around the lower ribs, it feels very tender). I also feel like I'm not emptying my bladder fully and have mild discomfort when I urinate, and my lower abdomen feels tender. I have had a history of UTI's and I did have a kidney infection a few months ago that left me hospitalized. They did do some subsequent tests on my kidneys to check for damage but they seemed fine - however I did have a cystoscopy a couple of weeks ago which showed my urethra was particularly small and needed widening to help prevent UTI's.

I'm not sure if I have a SV/Noro, need more antibiotics (but I am not keen on them) - or whether I'm just run down and need to sleep, chill, and look after my body a bit more. I am also due on my period which isn't helping. I also a naturally anxious person, as I'm sure many here will relate to - so I always wonder if symptoms are psychosomatic.

Could anybody suggest what could be going on and what I should do please?

Many thanks in advance.
    Emily xxx

Default Re: Scared I'm coming down with Noro - please help :(

I felt full when I got noro as well. However, that's because my stomach wasn't digesting my previous meal. I still get scared when I feel full, but usually you really are just full! If you have no d, no stomach pain, normal stools, no nausea, etc then I really wouldn't worry. I think you are probably feeling sickly due to the genuine flu, your period coming, and a potential UTI. I would get some sleep and look after your body, and if the UTI symptoms get worse then see a doctor. I don't think it's a sv though!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Spilled milk is right. It sounds like it is the regular flu. Sometimes they are very hard to shake. Feel better soon.

Thanks guys I do think it's just an overhang of the flu mixed with anxiety and a bit of PMT. I don't feel sick as such, just full ha - but PMT can make you feel quite bloated I guess. This whole 'full' symptom of Noro does scare me - because most people feel, well, full, daily! How can I know the difference? Xx

If you're on antibiotics they can do a lot of nasty things to your stomach - get the full feeling whenever I am on them!

The 'full' thing's driving me mental too. I have IBS and feel full/ bloated on a daily basis, if I really think about it but now I'm really noticing and trying to work out if I'm normal full or ill full. It's exhausting and I'm defi being a bit silly about it!