Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default hospital appointment

I have an appointment to see a physiotherapist at my local hospital. Whipps Cross on Friday, & I`m ver scared that noro might be doing the rounds there because it always seems to hit this area hard in the winter. I`m just praying that no-one gets sick near me, & I don`t touch a conaminated surface. If only I could postpone my appointment until spring, but if i do that, I may have to wait ages to get another one, besides, I really want to get my aches & pains sorted out.

Default Re: hospital appointment

Go to the appt. Wash hands and keep them out of your mouth. You should be just fine.

I had to go to a Children's Hospital last week and was worried since the flu is hitting my city very hard. They have even restricted visitors. I did not see any get sick or look sick. My kids and I were not exposed to anything.

It is actually better when there is an outbreak. People are cleaning the hospital even better than before.

People with noro are not like to go to the kind of doctor you are seeing. People with noro would be going to the er to get an iv.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

People with noro in a hospital are quarantined away from everyone else. You're at no greater risk than any other place; wash your hands regularly, keep them away from your face. You'll be just fine!!

Hi hairyfairy,

I have an orthodontic appointment in a hospital on Friday too and am really worried about it (especially as I have no control of the utensils and gloves that will go in my mouth and that could be contaminated!). The hospital had two wards closed due to Norovirus in December so that doesn't help!

With a physio appointment nothing will get into your mouth provided you wash your hands or use sanitizer so you'll be fine

I went to the appointment today, & while I was there I aked a member of staff if noro was around in this department. She said that there had been some staff of sick before christmas, but none recently. I`m very relieved!

I'm so glad your worry was for nothing. I hope your appointment went well and you're feeling much better now.

I`m getting there, the physio gave me some exercises to do, & they make me feel a bit sore, I do`t mind as long as they work.

Good for you for going! Hope you start feeling better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....