Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Night anxieties. A place for people who are awake and anxious!

This is just copying another post I saw that was specifically for night times, but I haven't really seen many new posts on it. So basically this is just a place to post on when your awake and worried or feeling sick in the hope that there may be other people out there to reassure you, especially with all the different time zones and everything I know that when I can't sleep at night this is exactly the kind of thing that I want to read so I hope it helps other people to. And just remember that you are almost certainly not going to be v and that the night doesn't last forever

*hugs*

Default Re: Night anxieties. A place for people who are awake and anxious!

This is a great idea!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Well hello!!
    Great time to see this post. Lol. Anyone have any tips for trying to calm anxiety?

Sorry this has taken me a while to see :/ but sadly I don't really have any tips, I wish I did!! I just try to go on my phone or read to distract myself or if possible wake someone else up and just talk:/ but I hope you are feeling better now

quick anxiety tips that helps me:

count forwards from 1 to 10, then backwards from 10 to 1. Regulate your breathing: 2 seconds in, 2 seconds out. Try not to breathe too shallow or deep. Concentrate on the present -- do not play what if games. They are poison for anxiety. Feel bad thoughts creeping in? Loudly shout "STOP!!!!!!!" in your head.

OK, bugging out right now, any one awake?!!!??!

Night time is always the worst for me. I sometime delay going to sleep because I'm scared of waking up in the early morning hours sick. Then, If I do wake up randomly in the middle of the night, I freak out and think, "oh no!" I'm sick! But if course I'm not really. I've especially been anxious lately, since my daughter had it last week. I hate the night time!

I`m strange in that the night time doesn`t worry me at all, in fact if I`m awake in the small hours I enjoy the peace & quiet.

I'm now awake and definitely anxious. I just read a HORRIBLE article from only a month ago - actually it was a transcript of a report - about the Sydney strain of noro. It said all sorts of things that were really worrying, I don't wanna repeat them in case it triggers others. The point is, it said its going to hit Australia really hard this winter. this will not be fun oh god.

Argh sometimes I just hate the media so much. If only they just changed certain adjectives or left unnecessary details out, we wouldn't be so triggered. This makes me hate the fact that I want to be a journalist.

Also, I know I should not be looking at articles as it just feeds my compulsions and makes me panic, but I just stumbled across a Yahoo article which outlines how to prevent Norovirus. It states that you can catch the virus by touching a contaminated surface (which is true) but that it is AIRBOURNE.

UGH UGH UGH this makes me really angry. This is not accurate! It is only "airbourne" when v* or d* particles have not settled, but it is not like the common cold airbourne. Fuarrrk, sorry for the language but this is infuriating reading all this misleading crap on the internet.

All in all, a fairly unproductive night. Found a lot of crap and crap. The media make it sound so darn easy to catch, and apparently its 'airbourne'. Lucky we have half a brain and know that this is rubbish. Sometimes being an emet has its ironic perks :\
    Last edited by Kinetic; 02-12-2013 at 06:01 AM.