Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Question about Noro?

So, question for the masses here....
    The kids I nanny have both been very sick lately.
    Big and his Mom had the stomach bug BAD on monday and tuesday, and Little has been home sick yesterday, today, and is staying home tomorrow. Big and Mom had confirmed Noro, and Little tested positive for Flu Strand A, the results were phoned in today. Little has thrown up four times today so far, and doesn't seem to be getting better. I know kids can throw up from just about anything, including a fever and headache which he has.
    What I'm wondering is, is it possible to have Flu A and Noro at the same time?
    I kinda doubt my skin-peeling hand washing and lysol-ing my EVERYTHING will let me get sick in the first place, but, is it possible to have both?? thanks guys
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Question about Noro?

Anything is possible. You do not have to wash hands until they peel. Too many lysol fumes are not good for you.

Wash hands. Try to stay away from coughing and sneezing. Try not to put your hands in your mouth. Just try to relax and live your life. Sometimes that is all we can do. Remember if your get noro or flu a, you may not v... Keep your chin up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

just saw this now..... um, the big was coughing and sneezing like crazy, and he had the noro on monday.... could he still be coughing germs into the air for me to breathe in? and ugh.... still worried about my phone!

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible to have both at the same time (very, very unlucky to actually manage that though). I don't think you'd catch noro from them coughing, though, unless they just v* recently and still have v* particles in their mouth. Keep up the handwashing and bring as little stuff as you can with you when you go there. Do you really HAVE to have your phone? I'd just leave it at home to be safe if you don't really need it (I leave mine at home often when I go to school and I know my hands will be dirty).

AoD, I did need my phone, there's no phone in the house, if there were an emergency there would be no way to contact anybody, that's why I take it with me.

Ah, well use wet ones to wipe it then, that's what I usually do. It probably doesn't kill noro but it might work to physically remove them (like hand washing).

I actually spray my phone with lysol, and let it sit for 10 mins, it's never damaged my phone in the least!

I spray my phone with Lysol too! And I have an iPhone and its never done any damage. I pretty much spray mine everyday.