Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey guys had an appointment with CPN earlier -- as the waiting list for CBT is 40 people long, whilst i wait to see a clinical psychologist, my CPN is going to be doing some exposure therapy w/ me.

my initial reaction was "i'm not v*ing myself, i'll kill you if u make me do that!" said in ajokey manner of course lol. so yes, i dont plan on doing that bit....

but he is going to be showing me videos and literature on the v*ing action e.t.c.

this all starts in 3 weeks time. i see the psychitrist just for a general check up in a weeks time, then 2 weeks later i'll be strting it! how scary =| but also quite exciting.

i am feeling ill today tho, so thats put a damper on things i dunno whati've caught... some kinda cold virus thing.. just hope it doesnt turn into anything worse... you know what i mean.

and the whole of UK are so depressed today.. you walk around and everyone is so gloomy.. it's not surprising but eh... =( stoopid terrorists.

anyway, i'll shut up now.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey jen good luck with the therapy hope it goes well, you're braver than me, the idea of exposure terrifies me!
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope everything goes well too! Good for you for going for it!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Jenneh,

You might want to consider printing out the piece I wrote on the top of the Treatments thread called "Info to give your dr. or family" (something like that). It talks to professionals about exposure therapy for emetophobics, and in particular warns against any idea of forcing the person to vomit somehow. If I were you, I'd give it to the psychologist and then go back next session and talk about it...and his/her treatment plan for you. Remember you are his equal - you're not at his mercy.

Good luck with this treatment!

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I know how you feel about the exposure therapy. When my therapist said exposure therapy I was scared to death. I brought in sage's page and the something else that helped describe emetophobia. The exposure therapy we are doing is more centered around my OCD, although there is some of it that is directly related to emetophobia. It's tough, but I definitely think it will work in the long run. Good luck!

Hey Jen!!!

I really applaud you on being up for the exposure therapy!! That in itself is a great achievement! I wish you the absolute best of luck in treatment, and I know that you will get through this and come out a winner!

I also hope you feel better. I myself have been feeling icky for the past couple of days.

Anyhow, best wishes, and put on that fighting face!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt