Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Oh dear

Default Oh dear

My ex? boyfriend is lying less than a metre away from me asleep after vomiting for an indefinite amount of time after a whole bottle of gin. I cleaned some of it up, and put him to bed. Ah the things you gotta do.
    On my other thread regarding this guy i wrote that he broke up with me due to my mental illness issues and such. Well apparently he made a mistake. Ugh. What a night.
    This is kinda a vent post, but any support or advice is welcomed. I just dont know whether this is real or not, obviously i will talk to him sober but eh. A part of me thinks it will be fine but who knows. The irony is i am willing to take care of him tonight regardless.

Default Re: Oh dear

Men.. Bloody annoying creatures sometimes. At least you know it's not contagious, but it sucks to have to take care of someone drunk. Well.. anyway, try not to get your hopes up too much. This is a classic of post-breakup fallout. I had the same thing happen with an ex.. long story short, the drunken "I made a mistake I want you back" was just a clumsy way to work through feelings of guilt/caring/needing affection/pride. Basically it's the whole "did I make the right decision in leaving? Oh God, what if I was wrong? Am I wrong? Or not? Maybe I should try to make it work just in case cause then I can leave later and I won't have lost the chance..." you get the picture. It's difficult to let go, so even though when sober he made the decision to leave he might still have the urge to cling to you and doubt his decision for a number of reasons. There's gonna be a period like that where he'll be torn between the two so I'd advise you to guard your heart closely for a little while. He could really regret leaving you and be willing to fix things, but he could just be weighing keeping you just in case so he can decide later whether to really leave or not. So to avoid getting hurt even more, take his pleas of forgiveness and love with a healthy dose of skepticism (and you can point out to him that his drinking a whole bottle of gin and making you clean up his puke mess isn't in any way better than your drunken adventures). But, you never know, maybe he is truly regretting his decision!! :P You'll know soon enough where his heart lies. Hang in there, no matter what happens it'll all be fine in the end.

I cant fully trust a drunken plea so i will definately speak to him at a sober time. I honestly have never felt so relieved either that my biggest problem tonight is not the vomit. So much energy could be wasted on the irrelevancy of it, and the fact that it isnt contagious obviously helps too, but still.
    It feels good knowing that he has at least thought about what he said. I guess the past few days i have had it on my mind a bit despite how calm i have been. I'll see what happens tomorrow, thanks AoD

Good for you for helping him. Talk ti him when he is sober and not hung over. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Well guys, we are back together. He actually admitted he made a mistake and wants to be there for me. I am happy obviously but this means i am going to make a genuine effort with therapy and such as i think its best. Thank you both cynna and aod for your consistent advice over the past week. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear things worked out well ! I hope therapy goes well, at the very least it can't hurt.