Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just ate something made by someone who had noro!

I just ate a cupcake (without actually touching it) from a coworker who was ill with noro at the beginning of last week along with her family. She made them last night and has been fully recovered for a week but I am totally terrified that I ate something from her kitchen! This has to be my craziest fear yet but I can't help it - all I keep thinking is that it's living in the Tupperware or on the knife she used to frost them! Is it possible for it to live that long???

Default Re: Just ate something made by someone who had noro!

It's possible, but unlikely. Those cupcakes cooked in a high temperature oven which would have killed any bacteria or viruses. Unless she is a very filthy person, I'm sure she's cleaned her countertops and her kitchen several times since then. I'm sure you'll be fine. Since it's been almost two weeks since she and her family were ill, she's not contagious herself anymore. it'll be okay.

Yeah, cooking food at 140F for 20 seconds will kill any germs and as far as i'm concerned, you bake cupcakes at approximately 350F for longer than 10 minutes, and if she was infected last week she should no longer be infected. Basically.. you'll be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll be alright! Back in December my boss (I work at Panera Bread) cut up samples for all of the employees and served them to us by hand and he came down with noro during the meeting! I was horrified but didn't catch anything. I promise you'll be okay.