Hi, I am a new member - joined today. I have had this phobia for as long as I can remember. I will be 40 this year and have two small children under 3.

The reason I came looking for company today is that I had a call from my kids nursery (they go four days per week because I work) to say that my little girl had a bit of d* and that there is a sv doing the rounds.

My partner was due to be late home so I knew I had to pick my kids up and feed them. Play with them then bath them and put them to bed - all with the worry in the background that one of them might v*.

I love my babies soooo much and I am really trying hard not to let them see how scared I am when they are ill. I don't want to pass this problem on to them.

Anyway - I coped pretty well and they are both tucked up in bed now. My partner is back and all is well with the world - another crisis over - feel a bit shakey but managed to eat something - the sv doing the rounds is still playing on my mind a bit. Reading some of the discussion threads here really helped.

Does anyone else have small kids at nursery?They seem to be breeding places for bugs of all descriptions - any useful coping techniques?