Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Urgent advice please!!

I need some urgent advice please!!

I am babysitting for my friends baby as I do a lot... I can handle it when he 'spits up' as such.

But we were just sat suggling on the sofa and I was watching tv, he was playing with a little teddy/teether thing, next thing I know my leg is soaked... I looked down and he had v* all over himself and me, I panicked... called my friend at which point he started crying.

She took him off me and took his clothes off while i rushed off to wash my hands/face and change my clothes.

His had a cold for a while aswell as a bit of a cough, his 6 months old, but he was also sticking the teddy in his mouth, which he sometimes does and it makes him gag, but I didnt hear any gagging.

I'm soo worried his got noro or something, he was just sick the once, but it was deff more than just spit up, his now happily playing on my friends lap... surely he wouldnt be chatting away and smiling if he was poorly?!

Default Re: Urgent advice please!!

It's okay! Calm down! Just make sure to not panic in front of him. He's just a baby so he only cried because he was a bit shocked. I'm sure it's just something he ate that upset him. If you panic in front of him he will possibly get emetophobia too or will see it as bad to vomit. He is fine now, and remember. Norovirus is not air borne, you won't get sick as long as you do good hygiene, which you did. You'll be fine.

Babies v A LOT. I doubt it was a virus, for one, little babies can't get noro, children get a different form of it called rotavirus that most adults are immune to. Like Nivia said, something he ate probably upset his stomach. Also, babies and children v from colds waayyy more often than grown ups, I'm only a teenager and I don't remember ever v'ing from a cold.

He was only sick once and slept all night, but is now sadly up and wanting a bottle... no d* in his nappies im hoping his okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Pomerenke View Post
    Babies v A LOT. I doubt it was a virus, for one, little babies can't get noro, children get a different form of it called rotavirus that most adults are immune to. Like Nivia said, something he ate probably upset his stomach. Also, babies and children v from colds waayyy more often than grown ups, I'm only a teenager and I don't remember ever v'ing from a cold.
    It's true that most kids who are sick have rotavirus as it is a common childhood illness, but infants can catch norovirus too. And rotavirus isn't a "different form" of rotavirus, they're in completely different virus families. Although he probably would have been sicker than that (v* multiple times) if it was noro. So I agree it was probably from the cold that he got sick.

Well, I think I need to do some studying on my viruses Guess I don't know as much as I thought.

I had calmed down today as he was happy, no vomit, his been eating drinking and did a good bowel movement this morning, then his mum came to pick him at at 5 this evening, and he v* again down her.

She said it could be because of his rattly chest, something about the fact they can't get rid of the phlegm on they're chest makes them sick?

Babies v and spit up a lot - especially when they are really little. My daughter used to sit in her baby jumper and spin herself sick everyday. If his mom says he had a cold, she's probably right. I wouldn't worry too much about catching anything from him.

It's REALLY common for babies (and adults, but kids more so) to v from excess mucus in their tummies. If he has a cold, that's totally the reason. They already v and spit up so easily, and too much mucus really irritates tummies of all ages. So definitely that.

He definately has a bad cold bless him, you can hear all the mucus when he breaths His off to the doctors today!! I also forgot to lay him on a pillow when he was asleep, so i guess he had a bit of a pre-nasal drip too... bless him!