Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I can't stand v*, but I can stand (just a lil' graphic)

Other than v*, I don't mind a lot of things that, in general, would bother most people, such as:

- blood/gore (in real life/tv/movies/whatever)
    - people being operated on
    - insects and spiders
    - cleaning up other bodily excretions (I was a housekeeper at 2 different hotels, and I've cleaned enough toilets to last me the rest of my life)
    - dealing with my fiance's dried up snot balls
    - animal wastes (even animal v*)
    - spoiled food (though I might throw a whole tupperware container away if it's bad enough)
    - needles (watching people use them, getting injections myself)

I'm sure there are more to put here that I can't remember. I just felt like starting this thread because it's a big world out there, and I need to be proud of myself for the things that I can put up with, the things that other people can't.

Default Re: I can't stand v*, but I can stand (just a lil' graphic)

I'm pretty much the same. I love horror films, I do get queasy watching real surgeries though. Don't really mind blood, shots, needles, tattoos.

I can toss spoiled food, clean up cat/dog sick, poo, pee whatever.

I used to have to clean toilets at my job.

I love horror movies, and am not affected my blood or gore at all. I think cleaning up after animals is gross, but not anxiety provoking. At first cleaning up their v* was horrifying, but now I'm used to it. I've never seen somebody get operated on, it sounds kind of gross though O.O. I don't like most bugs, some I can tolerate though. I've never cleaned up anybody else's bodily functions(I'm only 15 and I'm an only child, I never had much of a chance to do that yet haha) and I can handle spoiled food. I hate needles though, I can't even be near them, which sucks because I want a few piercings and tattoos when I get older. The only reason I'm scared of them though is because my blood pressure drops when I get shots, which causes me to get dizzy and n* then sometimes pass out.

I always been interested of the medical side of this. I bet alot of Emetophobes are exactly the same with gore etc. I think its because we have better control over our Gag Reflex that we dont heave when things like this arise. Therefore we tend to have a stronger stomach.

I'm ok with:
    - blood/gore
    - insects and spiders
    - spoiled food
    - needles
    - cirurgies (not real ones)
    - autopsies (CSI)

I cannot stand poop, urine or v*. When I really have to, I clean my dog's wastes, but I hate it. I feel so dirty! Not v*. I can't be near v*, not even animal v*.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I worked at a colon and rectal doctor for eight years so I've done my share of butt procedures (a good amount dealing with poops) while it wasn't pleasant it didnt phase me. I did have to help w draining abscesses which I can say pus disturbs me and not a fan of seeing needles. Blood doesn't bother me and I medicine intrigues me. I can't deal so well with pee....especially that stake urine smell on some elderly people. That's enough to make me gag lol

I love watching shows about coroners, moost of them atren`t too bad, & crime stories, but I hate all body fluids, especially snot, that`s really gross!

the only things that gross me out are horror movies and human vomit. ths stuff i can tolerate:

-any bodily fluid (not including vomit obviously haha)
    -cleaning icky nappies (diapers)
    -animal vomit/feaces
    -handling insects/spiders
    -watching hospitals shows where someones being operated on
    -needles
    -i also get grubby hands all over my face every day

I can pretty much handle anything but human vomit. I take care of the dementia stricken elderly in a care home so it definitely requires a tough stomach. I can deal with blood, poops, phlegm, wounds, anything but v*. (even though it happens alot more than I care to be around lol) I LOVE horror films, even went to college to direct them so nothing in them bothers me at all! Operations and stuff involving morticians doesn't bother me, I usually clean up those who have passed while we wait for the undertaker to come.. it doesn't gross me out just makes me sad. But overall, v* is the only thing that will make me run for the hills .. and snakes :O

Just human v* for me... I have a really odd fascination with blood and gore when it comes to human anatomy - I love shows that go into detail with surgery etc. The minute someone heaves though, I'm out of the room like a shot.

the only thing besides human waste that bothers me is animal waste, im fine with almost everything else that has a common phobia associated with it e.g Snakes/spiders, needles, flying/heights; although i did have many more phobias when i was younger.

I don't like gore... I don't like spiders... I don't like v* obviously... Other than that I'm okay. I don't really like animal waste but if I have to deal with it I will.

I'm cool with most of those was well; except for human/animal waste.
    The only reason being I have the most insane sensitive sense of smell and feel ill really quickly from it.

I am relatively squeamish so no blood or operations for me. Seeing human blood in large amounts makes me dizzy, triggers v* fear. I can't go near v of any kind. Nor can I do any other body function besides urine. Rotten food I am good with, as long as I wash my hands copiously afterwards. Surgeries make me nervous because it reminds me of my humanity, and I can't help but be scared of dying, something I feel is intimately connected with my emet.

Bugs, snakes, rats, mice, I can do all those. I am the designated "spider killer" in my household in exchange for my fiancee being the "human waste cleaner". I feel like its a lopsided trade off though She got the short end of the stick!

i dont mind people bleeding in front of me, like i actually have quite a level head about it. i think graphic horror movies are disgusting though and they make me sick. needles have never bothered me. also, vomit from drinking too much doesnt bother me, only like, sick food vomit. yuck.

Wow seems like most of us are the same I can handle anything but v* too. Our brains must be programmed weird lol.