Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default scared to go to the doctors :(

so, im on the pill as in birth contol or whatever you want to call it lol and i need to go for my check up tomorrow and to get some more... but im scaed of going to the doctors because of germs and stuff and i dont want to get ill :/
    some reassurance please?

Default Re: scared to go to the doctors :(

Just keep your hands away from your face and wash them good after you leave there. I went last Friday for our flu shots and we were fine and there were sick people there too.

You won't get ill. You won't be in the ER and most people ill with sv* don't go see a GP. Just wash your hands after you leave/when you get home and you'll be just fine. I've been in and out of the university's doctor office since last november due to health issues and I haven't caught anything from there even though they were handling emergencies.

I've always been scared of this too, but out of all the times I've been to the doctors, I've never ever caught a SV*. Only at primary school.. You will be fine, I promise you. Just take the normal precautions.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Don't worry, just avoid sick people and try to prevent yourself from touching any surfaces and your face, once you've been washed your hands with warm water and soap for about 30 seconds and you'll be fine. It's not airborne in the strictest sense so you can't inhale it really.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I felt the same way when I had to go to my gyno a few weeks ago. I made sure not to touch anything and sat away from people in the waiting room. Also signed in with my own pen . Just used my hand sani & washed my hands. It was fine. I figure it's a small price to pay to (hopefully) prevent an unplanned pregnancy-- I have a 3 yr old and am just not ready for that at the moment