Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: new contraception having a bad time :(

A four days ago i started loette and ever since about the second day i have had body aches, head ache and fatigue on and off (usually at night though). Mind you i have been out a bit and havent slept much some nights, but the previous week i slept less and felt better than i do now, so i can't say this is normal lack of sleep symptoms for me. I feel like i am coming down with the flu but if it was that it would have gotten worse by now. Ugh i feel like crap, i feel feverish but my tempterature is normal! Is this due to hormones? Will it pass soon?
    I am not nauseous or anything, i got some mild nausea briefly but its passed.
    Last edited by Kinetic; 01-28-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Default Re: OT: new contraception having a bad time :(

Perhaps it is fatigue from two weeks of little sleep that is finally catching up to you? But it can be the pill, it can take a few weeks before you get used to it and things calm down. Usually you're supposed to take it for about 3 months to see if side-effects subside, and if they are gone by then it's all good. If you still have side-effects after three months you might want to change pills.

Thats what I thought too. I may just need to sleep more! However before this pill I never had anything like this so thats probably the only differing factor this week. Hopefully it will settle soon, I took some ibuprofen/codeine and an hour or so later I feel much better. I guess I know what to do next time it hits me.

I would catch up on sleep then see how you feel. My body is very sensitive to birth control. There is one that works well (Ortho Novum 777), and if I switch, I can definitely tell. My dr tried to switch me two years ago to a lower hormone brand, and I lasted about a week. I just get very tired and n* feeling.

Get some sleep and give it a week or two. Not every birth control is good for everyone. The first one I tried gave me awful mood swings and weight gain, and it also gave me numb feet which is dangerous so I went off it. They switched me to the one I'm on now (Lessina/Lutera) which has a very low amount of hormones, and it works great. If the bad effects continue after a few weeks, I'd consider switching to something else
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks guys, this one is actually a lower hormone one because the one I was on previously made me psycho! I will ride it out for a few weeks and definately eliminate other issues like the lack of sleep and I will try and drink more water too. The funny thing is the other one I was on gave me no initial side effects, until about three months into it I got really angry and moody. This headache I have is pretty dull and constant, also I have this bloated feeling sometimes but the nausea is fairly mild if not anything really. I just hate this flu-like state I am in its really difficult as I have little energy. Time for some quality sleep I think.