Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I don't know what to do and how to stop freaking out

So I got a cold. I feel like crap. I took the day off from work. Was feeling ok anxiety wise after I slept in but by 4 I began getting concerned that I feel n* because of my illness. Then I ate some soup and food. Back to freaking out.

Also today my GAD kicked in hard too, and phobia...not sure. My boyfriend is tired of listening to me worry because he doesn't understand how I can not throw up EVERY day and still worry about it. He said he can only take so much. I feel like I'm single handedly ruining a five year relationship and I don't know how to get better...

I am on cipralex, clonazepam and have been seeing a psychiatrist for almost a year...

Default Re: I don't know what to do and how to stop freaking out

http://www.emetophobia.org/forumdisp...etophobia-Chat!

Wanna come to the chat?

Have you told your doc? Maybe your meds need adjusted.

I have a cold too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Hi there.

For a while my husband had a hard time understanding this phobia as well. But I said to him "imagine the thing you're the most afraid of in the whole world.the thing you'd do anything to avoid. Now imagine you're stuck in a room with that thing but you don't know when or where you'll come into contact with it. Well my phobia is V and that room I'm trapped in is my body/mind." It really helped him understand that although it doesn't make sense to him, it still scares me. He is now supportive of my phobia. It's an unwritten rule that if one of our children V, I calmly walk upstairs (to avoid them developing this phobia) and he handles it all.

I'm glad to hear that you found a way to explain to your husband. I am still anxious...or anxious again? Or the demon in my head says maybe you are going to be sick and thats why you still don't feel good.

I keep eating in between my anxious moments...I never know if its a good idea but its mostly been quarters of a quesedilla or rice noodles. And that's between now and like...3pm. Sigh. I can't stop thinking...

Deep breathing, meditation, distracting your mind to get rid of the demon. Watch a movie, dance, sing, read a book, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....