Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Oh God, my roommate just rant to the bathroom to v*

I woke up early to do school work (it's 4:00 am) and I used the bathroom (had been sleeping with earplugs since 21:00) when I woke up and just about now my roommate just stomped/ran through the apartment, grabbed something in the dining room or kitchen and ran back into the bathroom and I heard the toilet lid before blocking my ears. I kept my ears blocked long enough so that when I "checked" if it was safe the fan was closed in the bathroom so I guess she went back to her room and I have no clue if she v* just once or if she washed her hands or whatever. Now I'm worried sick cause I used the bathroom first so I have no clue if she had other vomiting episodes before that, and I touched the toilet flush and faucet and the door handle before making tea (didn't drink it yet) and touched a whole bunch of stuff in my room including my computer, can't recall if I touched my face or no, and now I'm just scared half to death that whatever she has, she's been sick before when I was asleep (and she doesn't disinfect when she's sick) so the whole bathroom would have been contaminated when I went earlier and I contaminated everything I touched in my room (including my stash of tea). I'm so afraid of catching what she has, and I'm afraid cause I don't want to hear her v* again I'm shaking and scared and I just want to wash my hands but I can't cause there's no safe place to do so and I'm afraid to go out of my room now. It's a tiny apartment and I just can't avoid it this time, I can't run back home to be safe. I almost just want to get a hotel room for the rest of the week and now I'm gonna have to throw out the food I bought yesterday cause I can't bring myself to eat anything at all in the apartment cause it's going to be completely contaminated and I don't have time to disinfect the whole place with the school work... All I have is cereal in my room but now since I touched the toilet flush earlier I can't even trust my room to be safe and my hands feel so freaking dirty right now I couldn't touch anything I would eat anyway. I was doing well lately, why does THIS happen?!?! I can't live here anymore.

Default Re: Oh God, my roommate just rant to the bathroom to v*

I posted on your other thead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

I'm so sorry your roommate v*ed and upset you. She seems to v a lot. She can't have sv all the time. There's not that many strains out there. Could she possibly have an ulcer or some condition which causes v? As an outsider looking in, it just seems like she is either pregnant or has some sort of condition. This much v is not normally a part of life. Even my relatives who get noro every time it comes around only have it a couple of times a year. They certainly don't get it several times in a month. I'm not a doctor, so I can't say, but it seems like there is something else going on with her. In other words, I don't think you are contaminated. I think your roommate has some sort of a condition.

I don't know, she's in poor health in general, doesn't sleep much, doesn't eat well (when she does eat), smokes. She's always sickly with something or other. She's also not too careful with leftovers so sometimes she gets sick from eating food that is too old, because she's too lazy to make new food instead (really,that's the explanation she gives). So... I don't know. She does catch bugs frequently, like a kid, she's almost always got the sniffles or a cough or a sore throat and she does catch sv* once in a while. So that's why I am worried when she v*, because I can't tell if it's one of her bugs or if it's her run-of-the-mill random v*. It's the uncertainty that is really annoying.
    Last edited by AoD; 01-29-2013 at 10:36 AM.

I would imagine if it is sv, she would be sick more than once and most likely have d, too. She probably has allergies which would account for all the sniffles. She'd be a lot healthier and have a lot less "cold" type symptoms if she quit smoking, but I don't imagine there's a thing you can do about that. Since it was only the once, I would assume it's another one of her random v moments. Just keep reminding yourself, it's only a few more months until you can move out.

That sounds like a bit of a nightmare. Even if I wasn't emet I wouldn't want to live with this person. It's not a healthy environment for your phobia (and literally, your physical health). Does she know about the emet?

Oh, she knows. She thinks I'm paranoid and a bit crazy because of it, and she just can't be bothered to be accommodating about it (I don't ask much, I just want her to wash hands when she comes home, to not go into my room and touch my stuff and to tell me when she v* so I will know to be careful).

Your roommate sounds like a nightmare. Only a few more months...

ive been in similar situations with past roommates. it sux!
    is there no way for you to find another roommate? it is definitely apparent that your living situation isnt working out. you shouldnt have to live like that!

does she drink alcohol alot?

Nah, she doesn't drink much (well, she gets pretty wasted when she goes out, but it is pretty infrequent). And I found someone else to live with (sort of a family member, but not a blood relation) and from what I recall he's a very decent guy, he's an artist and very discrete. Haven't seen him in years though. But I think I'd get along fine with him. I might have to work out of town this summer though, so that's my main excuse for moving out in May at the latest!

Sorry the trouble you are going through...some people just don't understand. That sucks she gets sick alot (I havent' seen your other thread yet so I have to go check it soon to get filled in more whats going on)

I hope at this point of the day you have started to become calm...

Yeah, I calmed down pretty quickly actually. I just had real panic (pounding heart, worried) for about a half hour, had too much work to be wasting time being worried : /

I hate people like that! there`s no reason to v every five minutes, even if she does have health issues. Iv`e lived with people who v regularly, & theyr`e a real pain!

Did you figure out what's going on with her? My brother is a frequent v-er, it's very annoying, but it's gotten to the point where I don't even stress when I'm near him sick because he gets some sort of SV AT LEAST once a year and I've never gotten it from him.

my fiances step dad v* alot and i hate it. they live in north wales and we live in Cambridge, we only visit 3 times a year but everytime he v* at least once while im there and i hate it! i know its not catching but i just hate the sound of it, it sucks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, she refuses to go see a doctor to rule out any health problems. Her health card expired years ago and she is too lazy to go renew it even though I did my best to help her do it. I found all the info on where to go, who to call, even offered to go renew it with her. She always has excuses not to go that are pretty much "too cold outside, don't feel like it, too tired, don't want to" even though it's only a 10 mins walk away. So I gave up and we probably will never know why she is sick so often.

Mowilson, that sucks that your brother is sick so often. I hope it's nothing serious that causes him to be ill so often!

Sammy, ugh must be terrible, it's still gross.

I had a class with a Gulf War vet who had functional v. I don't know why they call it that. V*ing all the time seems like a serious disability to me - certainly serious enough to keep someone from working. Since your roommate is not a veteran, I doubt she has this condition. Just letting people know that this is an actual condition and the Veterans' Administration actually has a rating for it. This gentlemen was very discrete about it. In fact, unless he told you, you'd never know.

No, it's not like she v* several times a day, but it happens on a fairly regular basis and for a while she said she was vomiting every morning but that was before I moved in here, she got better after that and only catches "bugs" or gets foods poisoning once in a while (too often for my liking.. she's like a kid, really, you know how those get sick all the time). But it is very interesting to know this actually is a condition, I wonder what causes it exactly.

Chemical and biological weapons are the main way I know. But there may be other ways.