Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default new to the board

Hello: New to the board but not a new emet. Been one for MANY years! I was on another message board but the people there were vicious!! Always attacking and VERY judgemental. Time to leave and move on. When someone has a phobia, it's not right to tell someone that they are wrong or that maybe they should be sympathic to someone who is s and just let them in your house. I don't think they understand the true meaning of phobia. We are not cookie cutters - we are all different and handle it in different ways. Some are better at it than others. Some are more private than others with people.

Default Re: new to the board

Hey there Everyone here is very supportive and always want to help, this site has stopped me from having so many full blown panic attacks :') I agree many peopl do not understand the difference between a fear and a phobia and therefore don't see why we can't just 'get over' it!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Everybody here is so supportive I'm so sorry other people were judging you for having this fear. We are all here for you, so don't be afraid to speak your mind

Welcome to the boards! I hope this experience is much better than your previous one.

And it was another emet board!! I've looked around here and looked at some posts and you all seem great!!! Glad I found this one

It wasn`t facebook emet by any chance, was it?