Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Egypt

Default Egypt

For people who live in Norway there are 4 ultimate cheap places to go on vacation - The Canaries, Greek Islands, Turkey and Egypt.

So many of my friends and such have been to Egypt and have posted many nice pictures from there. Most people go to Sharm El Sheikh. I would really love to go cause it looks beautiful and is very very cheap, but I've heard that you can't go to places like Egypt, Morocco or India without getting an sv??

Have any of you been to Egypt? What was your experience regarding sanitation and food?

Default Re: Egypt

I lived in Egypt for six months when I was in the military and I never got so much as a cold or a single sniffle there. I had a blast and I am sure you will, too. You should go. It's a beautiful country and such a wonderful opportunity. Remember, it's very dry there, so the worry about disease is much less. I even ate out at some local restaurants with no problems. You can ask your Embassy or tour agency for a list of safe places to eat and stay. Unless you are staying at a resort and then you can just eat there. The Egyptians really know how to make a vacation fantastic. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time if you go. Go snorkelling! I did and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The Red Sea is full of beautiful creatures.

BTW, I stayed in areas that catered to Americans so they had regular toilets and private bathrooms which is something I personally prefer. My only concern would be the political situation there. Oh, and they don't always provide toilet paper, so you may want to carry some tissues in your purse. That's what all the Americans do.

I've been to Egypt 3 times in last 3 year and loved it. Always stay in 5 star all inclusive accomadation with very good ratings and hight standards. I take bimuno travel aid before and during my trip which helps prevent tummy troubles. I think last time I had a little bit d* but nothing major. I wash my hands constantly,especially before eating.

Grace, thank you so much for your good answer! I feel much better about going now. Sounds like you enjoyed staying there and I'm impressed you were in the millitary Some of my female friends also went to the millitary, but I didn't think I'd have the stamina!
    I've heard about the great snorkeling there, so I'll definitely go snorkelig or diving when I'm there.

honeycombe, thank you! I never stay in a hotel with less than 4 stars, and recently I've been upping to 5 stars. I've taken vaccination against travellers d* but I'll make sure to bring something with me as well. D* is fine with me, I just want to avoid v*ing.

You'll have a great time. I hope you get to see some of the ruins and the pyramids. That would be awesome.