Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Severe bloating and indigestion

So this morning I woke up EXTREMELY bloated - I mean, I look pregnant. Nothing hurt but I had major acid reflux through out the day. I took gas-x and zantac with little relief. I wasn't hungry like I usually am in the morning, and not really at lunch either (although I did eat). I'm finally hungry now but I'm still bloated with acid coming up and I have no idea why. I exercised for 50 minutes and ate nothing unusual. It's REALLY uncomfortable and I'm freaked! I'm wondering if I have a mild gastro thing?? I don't feel poorly otherwise. Has anybody ever had this??

Default Re: Severe bloating and indigestion

I felt that way all afternoon/evening on Saturday. I have IBS, so nothing is out of the ordinary, but it was soooo uncomfortable. I started drinking 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar every day (started Sunday), and I'm going to see if that helps. So far, so good!

Yes, it happens to me once in a while, it's hormonal in my case I think and it also happens before I get a cold.

I also have IBS and get that all the time. It's very uncomfortable and my stomach is just solid like a rock. It just comes and goes randomly, but often it helps using the bathroom. And yes, I have major indigestion problems as well that causes me to have to sit on the toilet for very lengthy periods. Sorry for TMI.

Does this happen to you often, or is it just a one time thing? If its a regular occurance I would advise you to go to the doctor and just check if you do have some kind of intestinal problem, and if not, relax, bloating and acid reflux is not dangerous.

I'm wondering if I have acute gastritis? I have burning just below my ribcage with some mild pain and definite heartburn. I'm getting hungry normally and the bloating has gone down a lot (but still there).