Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Why? S* boy, I'm not on anxiety meds yet, and emet son

I went to the doctor yesterday and got a prescription to Lexapro. Anyone on that? Haven't taken a pill yet, was going to tonight. Now I don't feel like taking anything. I have a line up of probiotics here too, but still not feeling like swallowing anything. Does Lexapro need to build up in your system to be effective or will taking one tonight help? Should I wait in case there are side effects I can't handle right now?

My younger son came home saying his tummy felt hot but that it felt that way all day, even before school. Seemed fine, snacked, didn't eat much dinner. V* about an hour ago and is resting now. He has V* several times so I am sure it is a sv*.

My older son is borderline emet, anything I can do to help stop this progression? I am keeping both boys home tomorrow because it will be easier for me.

I have a baby now too, just stopped BFing recently, which is why I asked for anxiety medicine. I am really hoping she will sleep through the night tonight and that she doesn't get s*, or the rest of us.

Hubby is awesome but really needs to work tomorrow, so I will be on my own, unless he catches it.

And I am starting to shake. I hate the anxiety symptoms just as much as the sv* sometimes!

Default Re: Why? S* boy, I'm not on anxiety meds yet, and emet son

Hi sorry your going through this, I was in the same boat over a week ago with my six year old. Nobody else caught it either. Keep him confined to one room and if possible his own bathroom. I wear gloves whenever I go into their room and wash my hands like crazy. After each time they have been sick I spay the toilet with Clorox clean up with bleach. Also I keep a bucket in their bed with them to be sick in and spay that after each episode. Hope that helps. As for the meds it takes three to four weeks of taking it to feel the effects I hate to say. I have never taken that one so I don't know about sideffects but they can cause increased anxiety the first week. I'm not saying you will get this but I have heard of it and had it when starting mine.

Lexapro is awesome. But takes about a month to really start working.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Thanks. I think I need to go to sleep. It is all that will help this shaking. He is isolated and I asked him if he minded if I wear a mask when I go in his room to keep myself and the baby healthy. Definitely tomorrow everyone will be separated. My older son and I are sleeping in the living room (the boys share a room). Two bathrooms also.

I'm sorry you're going through that. You should be fine though, you have the emet's excellent hygeine!
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Quote Originally Posted by jadeshine View Post
    I'm sorry you're going through that. You should be fine though, you have the emet's excellent hygeine!
    I love that saying! Made me laugh we are all hygiene freaks lol.

I'm so sorry your son is sick. Hopefully. no one else will get it. You're doing a great job.

I am sorry you are going through this. You're doing great. Bleach, gloves, Lysol III... All your friends . I am on Lexapro (just started back a week ago) and it is the best for me. I have tried, literally, all of them. Had a period of several years on Lexapro where my emet was way on the back burner. I almost forgot about it! Then some stressful life events happened, and my emet came back full force. I started changing Meds (just went through a year of hell with med changes-- 4 total), and now that I'm back on the original one--Lexapro-- I feel sooo much better. I think it's a great choice for anxiety disorders. For me, SNRIs were bad for my anxiety. Hang in there. Be patient with the Lexapro. Will take a little while to feel full effects.