Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exposed :(

Default Exposed :(

I attend a night class at school and my professor gave us a break, I went to use the restroom and as I was walking in another student was getting sick in the garbage three feet in front of me!! I never went fully inside and turned around to go to another restroom and washed my hands.. Could I have been exposed that easily?? I'm scared now that ill wind up sick in two days!! Help!!

Default Re: Exposed :(

I'm sure you were far enough that you won't get sick. I assume you turned and left right away? Since you went to another bathroom and washing your hands, I don't believe you would have gotten infected. I am not a doctor or anything, but it just seems unlikely. I wouldn't even stress over it Also, that person may not have even been sick with a virus. It could have been anything - remember that.

Well just to remind, a LOT of emet moms on this forum care for their kiddos and are around the kids v, and never get sick. I sincerely doubt you had any real exposure to the virus and honestly am sure you'll be just fine! And as asgardia said, it could've been anything! I definitely wouldn't think there is reason to stress over it at all.

Thank you both.. I've calmed down a little since it happened.. I'm still worried but I'm hoping ill be alright

Good I'm glad! I know that initial anxiety can be rough after something like that happens. I honestly believe you'll be 100% good!