Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sudden N* freaking out

I have been having pain in my arms really bad all week plus my ankle is tweaked. I don't know what's going on. I spent the whole day in bed. I didn't eat and by the time I felt hungry I was too nauseated to eat. I had red beans and rice and a couple of biscuits. Now I'm really nauseated and my stomach is making all kinds of noises. I went to take an anxiety pill but freaked out thinking it might trigger. I'm so scared right now.

Default Re: Sudden N* freaking out

I think your nausea and noisy tummy is because you ate after not eating for much too long. I have this happen allll the time when I eat after not eating for a while. Do you eat well, or take a multivitamin? I would wonder if the pain in your arms is due to a deficiency.

I burped a couple of times and felt better for a little while. Now I feel like its coming back. I try so hard to keep clean. I did have a cup of coffee late and drank it fast. I don't know I just really don't want to get sick. I'm so scared of that.

I've had many blood tests ran and everything comes back normal. An X-ray of my neck showed it separating so they said I had arthritis in my neck and that could cause the arm pain. But it's not just my arms it's from my hips to my knees and my right ankle. Plus when it hurts I feel feverish but no fever. My skin is really hot but my hands and feet are ice cold. My hands and feet fall asleep a lot. The other day when my ankle started acting up my foot was purple. But there's nothing you can see. They did a nerve study which came back normal. So they tell me I need to see a counselor. But I'm really in pain.

Now whatever is going on with my stomach. I wish I hadn't ate. I wish I hadn't ate so much. I keep thinking about what I ate and it makes me feel bad but I can't stop. I just kept feeling hungry so I kept eating. Now I'm afraid it's a SV and that's why I was hungry. I read so much about people eating and then have SV. It scares me. I'm just scared. My husband hasn't talked to me in two days and then asked why I was mad. I told him he was the one who shut off. So I shut off. I feel so alone. I tried to call my dad but he was too drunk to listen.

Okay. I hope I can help. I have found that baking soda mixed in cold water and sipped helps me at times.. I also have taken probiotics and given them to my kids when I though t they had a sv, it seemed to relieve their symptoms. But what I like best is very strong black tea (brew a 6-8 oz cup and add 2-3 tea bags to it. Let it steep for about 3-5 mins and then sip on it). Black tea has relieved N* from me on many occasions.

I know exactly how you feel, and I pray that this helps you.

God Bless You! Please keep us posted =)

Quote Originally Posted by angelina82 View Post
    Okay. I hope I can help. I have found that baking soda mixed in cold water and sipped helps me at times.. I also have taken probiotics and given them to my kids when I though t they had a sv, it seemed to relieve their symptoms. But what I like best is very strong black tea (brew a 6-8 oz cup and add 2-3 tea bags to it. Let it steep for about 3-5 mins and then sip on it). Black tea has relieved N* from me on many occasions.

I know exactly how you feel, and I pray that this helps you.

God Bless You! Please keep us posted =)
    Angelina that's awesome, I actually recommend this to a TON of people (had a bad noro season around my area) and all have had it work for them when they are v*. To a 'T', every single one of them said it stopped their v* when they drank it. I usually recommend 5 tea bags or so, seems the stronger it is the quicker it works with actual v* Good to know it works with n* too!

Bako, the burping is because your intestines were empty, it is cuz you had so much air in there. I always get indigestion after this situation you have, and burping helps. Always with the nausea and burping is really what helps. So I suck on mints, because that helps me burp I honestly do NOT think there is any chance you're sick, this is all totally normal stuff that I deal with often, and it's never ended in me being sick! Usually there's just a couple hours of discomfort, varying degrees of nausea but never bad enough to come even close to v*, and then it goes away. Tums will help in this situation.

Ahh, I would wonder if you have something like arthritis or something else going on.. Definitely good that they are checking up on that. Sounds like poor circulation/nerve issues.. Have they looked into all options? It seems that this would warrant a pretty thorough examination to rule out serious stuff.

Please don't wish you hadn't eaten, to be honest if you were eating consistently this wouldn't happen. The reason it happens is because you go too long without eating, and when you do your body is like WHOA and digestion is all sluggish from not working. Unfortunately I know this from experience. If I am eating regularly my whole system is much better. So instead of wishing you hadn't eaten, try to make yourself eat every few hours, small amounts. That will also help you not to binge from being hungry for so long.

It truly is NOT sv. If it was, you wouldn't have been able to eat. You need to try to distract yourself, get some sleep (being sleep deprived makes our anxiety so much worse it seems). It sounds like you are stressed and going through a really tough time Can you sit down with hubby and have an airing out time, where you two can talk calmly and candidly? Resolve to work through what comes up, looking honestly at yourselves and how you can do better? Perhaps if you could talk to hubby about how you feel, and hear how he has been feeling, it might allow you two to support each other in these difficult moments. I know with my hubby he didn't know how to react to my anxiety, it wasn't logical and he couldn't fix it, so I had to tell him that often I just needed him to listen, and reassure me that I was okay.

It really just sounds like you are overwhelmed, stressed, anxious, and in pain. All of this would individually be reason to make our phobia go crazy, combined it's totally understandable you feel this way. Just remind yourself, it isn't SV, it's anxiety. I'm sorry things are so hard right now. If you need to talk, you are more than welcome to pm me.

Thank you so much for the feedback.. I also now will try 5 tea bags next time. It truly does work like a charm.. better than any script has done lol

I am truly glad it also works for others =)