Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feeling sick

Default Feeling sick

I woke up at 5am feel sick, and since then, have been very nauseated. I am very worried that it is the norovirus. I have now endured six hours of nausea, mostly camping out on the bathroom floor. I am a graduate student, but live on campus, so I do not have my own private toilet, which obviously is unpleasant in times like these.

I just feel so worried. I want this to end and do not want to throw up. I would be okay if it just turned to bad diarhea, but this is terrlible. I had hoped the feeling would just pass by now.

Anyway, I am new to this website as a member, but in the past, when I have had troubles, I have visited as a guest. Reading the posts helps me have perspective and feel less anxious.

Can anyone give me any encouragement through this hard time today? Has anyone had this stomach bug and not thrown up? How long did the nausea last?

Default Re: Feeling sick

How are you feeling now?
    If you've been nauseous for six hours you are extremely unlikely to v* now.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

You're under a lot of stress as a graduate student. It's probably stress related. I hope you are feeling better now.

Hope you're feeling better!!
    ---
    Never trust a skinny cook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am doing better. I felt sick until 1pm, but was able to take a long nap after that. Now, I feel good enough to eat food...which is a massive improvement-as I didn't even want to take pepto or water earlier. I did not v., but I think it was a mild bug, since my roommate returned from a day with her friends with similar symptoms (upset stomach, nausea).

I am glad to be on the other side of that! (Hopefully)

Thanks for your concern!