Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Are you able to tolerate d*?

I personally have absolutely no problem when I get d*, I probably couldn't care less if i tried. It doesn't effect me in the slightest. V* on the other hand is a different story. Is anyone else like this as well?

Default Re: Are you able to tolerate d*?

It's not my favorite thing, but it really doesn't bother me. Welcome to the site!

I'm pretty phobic about both. I think the common denominator is not being in control of my own body.

I'm like you Emma. I don't care about d* at all! When I was a kid I used to be really frightened and needed my parents to sit outsit the door (poor mom and dad) but now I have d* almost all the time and it doesn't really phase me. I'd rather have d* every day if I knew I was never going to v* again.

It used to be as normal for me as breathing-- when my IBS was d*. I literally had to be steps away from a toilet every time I ate. Then, my IBS seemed to switch and I very very rarely have d* anymore. I freak out about it now because when I had the sv it started as d* . I can't seem to break the pattern my mind has created around that. I think, for me, anything that is not "usual" freaks me out with my body; I feel just off...

i absolutely hate it! i have colitis so sometimes it happens but i panic everytime!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

no. The only time I ever have d* is with a SV*, so when I get d*, I panic so much as I know it's most defiantly a SV* and v* will follow shortly after.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    It used to be as normal for me as breathing-- when my IBS was d*. I literally had to be steps away from a toilet every time I ate. Then, my IBS seemed to switch and I very very rarely have d* anymore. I freak out about it now because when I had the sv it started as d* . I can't seem to break the pattern my mind has created around that. I think, for me, anything that is not "usual" freaks me out with my body; I feel just off...
    I'm the same exact way! I had an episode a few years ago where I'm positive I had some type of SV and I woke out of a dead sleep and had horrendous d and almost did IT twice before the feeling passed. I never did end up v, thankfully! But now anytime I get d, especially out of the blue, I go into panic mode because I never want to feel the way I did that night ever again. It's weird cause I've probably had d like hundreds of times without v, but I can't get past the association from that night.
    That being said, if I knew 100% that D wouldn't lead to V, I wouldn't mind it whatsoever! I mean it's gross but I can handle it. V, not even close!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I usually dont freak either but it depends on the type of diarrhea really if that makes sense like weird symptoms or how it happens. Sometimes I get more disgusted than not when I have it cause it likes to hit me when I'm out.

Both scare me because even though I have IBS-D, I always wonder if it's the beginning of a stomach virus or food poisoning BUT if I have to do either, I'd rather have diarrhea than vomit. For sure.

I can just about cope with d, as long as I`m not in public, but I`d always be scared of having what`s politely called an "accident"!

im really scared of D*, because any time it is water type D* i know im properly ill, and usually end up v*. the only time i havent v* after having watery d* is when i had flu (influenza) last month.

If my body wishes to cleanse itself, it can do as it pleases as long as it doesn't decide to come out of the mouth.
    I've never actually been ill with it, it usually happens a lot during my period or because my bowels are all screwed up sometimes, so I'm generally used to it and can't find any fear unless the pain from the cramps is so bad that it makes my stomach ache a little.

Like jennjt I was very much used to it when my IBS was the D category. It still doesn't really bother me now but it is more unusual now. Usually it's after a big cup of hot caffeine, or something is in there that shouldn't be.

Yeah I get the worse anxiety from having to have diarrhea in public. It seems to hit me when I am out to dinner w a large group of people. I'm so embarrassed getting up and disappearing for a long time. Then if it's a multistall bathroom I try to go as fast as possible or hold it until the person leaves

Let me rephrase that- the only time I'm not fine with it is if it happens while I'm in public
    Other than that, d* over v* any day.

I usually get d* from lactose intolerance (sometimes I'll give in and eat dairy...) so that doesn't worry me but I haven't done it in awhile since it is rather awful
    But if I have food poisoning it does worry me because it makes me so nauseous but I have never v'd from food poisoning.

Yes and no.

If I know I've drunk too much coffee or something or even if I have a bug that only causes d* and no v* then I don't mind that I have d*.
    If I have d* and think it might be an indication that I have a sv and am about to v* then yes, I definitely mind.
    If I'm somewhere where having d* might mean using a public toilet (which is impossible just now) then yes again! (because I might be exposed to noro!)

I'm the same way as some people above, for most of my life I didn't care at all about d*, not one bit. Then I got a stomach virus that started with awful d* and nausea (before that I hadn't gotten d* with a stomach virus, only v*) and ever since I freak out when I get d*. All that isn't helped by the fact that I developed IBS-d after that virus, probably triggered by it.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I never tolerated it because it was another thing I could not control, but I'd rather have d* than v*, of course. It is very difficult for me to have d*. The last time was 8 months ago when I had noro. I guess I'm lucky, with all these people here with d* caused by IBS or anxiety.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.