Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can't stop shaking

Already posted on another forum here but it doesn't seem to be getting much support. My son was V on Wednesday night, and thought we were in the clear. My other son is feeling bad tonight and I expect he will be V before morning. Can't stop shaking. I found an old bottle of Xanax, might try half a pill to see if it helps. Hopefully my hubby will help him as necessary tonight, if I am too wiped out from the medicine. I haven't eaten much since Wednesday night, most certainly not the tacos I made at the request of S son. Which is when I knew something was up, he didn't finish his favorite meal. I really want this to clear my house, I have a baby crawling around and trying to keep it out of one room for her sake at least. Hubby hasn't been feeling well all day either, but still eating OK, he says it is sinus. I just feel like my whole life is on hold and waiting. My baby will be 1 and having a party for her on Valentine's day, I want to have some time and ambition to plan for this. And I am pretty sure I am dehydrated, I am having trouble making myself drink anything.

Default Re: Can't stop shaking

You must eat and drink or you are going to feel bad. Not eating and drinking does not solve our problem with emet

I like to take a water bottle, pour out half the water and replace with grape juice and freeze till slushy. It is delicious! Not too tart either

Try some toast and jelly or whatever your favorite comfort food is. Also try sine deep breathing. When we get anxious we tend to breathe with just our upper lungs which can make you feel worse. Breathe deep and make sure you see your lower chest rising and then slowly exhale while saying "i am okay. I am fine." And keep repeating this and convince your brain that you will be okay. Our brains only know what we train it and you can reprogram your thoughts.

Hope thus helps some.

Thanks! i took a quarter of a xanax. hubby told me he thinks our boy is feeling bad with something else. good lie, if he is lying. eating some crackers and water. sleeping on the couch because it makes me feel better somehow. and playing a video game without sound to keep the boys in their room. distractions!!!

and i dont avoid food on purpose, just so hard to force anything

Hope you feel better soon. I hate te waiting game. Look at no news is good news and try and distract yourself for a while. Do you have more then one bathroom? If so go relax in the bathtub. Take a few deep breaths. As far as the Xanax, it is ok to take but It may not take on the same effect if old.9