Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How many emets have stomach problems and what are they?

I'm curious to see how many emets have stomach problems. As far back as I can remember I have had stomach issues. I have colitis, diverticulitis, hiatal hernia, acid reflux and IBS. On top of the random stomach aches.

Default Re: How many emets have stomach problems and what are they?

I have stomach issues and have to adhere to a pretty strict diet. But the stomach problems are more along the line of a burning sensation or gas pains. Totally and completely unrelated to my phobia which I've had as long as I can remember.

i have colitis and i hate it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I think I have self diagnosed ibs and I have terrible digestion these days depending what I eat like beans any anything that makes me feel gassy. Other than that when I was in third grade I always complained about stomach aches. We had tests done and fthinks I had some lactose intolerance (I remember drinking lactaid for a while) but I think my stomach aches was a lot to do with anxiety there were times I remember where I would be fighting back tears sitting in class in third and fourth and sometimes fifth grade so I dunno. It was all so weird. I am not sure exactly what happened.

I'm lactose intolerant!

I have ulcers, GERD, and continuous nausea and stomach aches. It really sucks having stomach issues when you are scared of stomach stuff, doesn't it? Ugh, the things we have to deal with!

I have lactose intolerance and ibs

I have been diagnosed with IBS and esophageal candidiasis. I also have reflux/digestion issues, and I'm exploring those now to see if they are caused by too much or too little acid. My emet and stomach issues started at the same time, so it's hard to really pinpoint which came first.

I developed IBS and lactose intolerance about 14 years ago. tried lactaid to eat dairy but never felt right...so cut it out. I eat about 15 - 20 things total, very strict diet as well. adding even one thing really messes me up. Mainly carb heavy. Seen drs many times and was told I am normal weight, healthy, its fine.

Thank you so much everyone for sharing. I really does stink being an emet and having stomach issues. It is reassuring knowing i am not alone.

I have chronic nausea which isn't great with this phobia!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

I have IBS, chronic n* and acid reflux

Sorry to hear you have to deal with painful stomach conditions blupup & other posters.

As a little girl I got mesenteric adenitis quite often and would v* with that but I'm mostly fine!
    When I'm incredibly stressed (last time was a year ago) I can get severe stabbing pain in the pyloric sphincter area (upper stomach valve region, not bowel with no v* or d*) which tends to last about 12 hours and once made me consider going to an emergency department because it was so painful but I don't have anything chronic.
    Last edited by emet-ana; 02-03-2013 at 11:01 AM.

I have GERD, and other stomach issues I don't know I have yet.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Strangely, I'm the other way. I've been blessed with a very stable constitution, and have never had anything serious go wrong with my stomach. Because of this, emetophobia festered as a fear of the unknown, as well as the usual fear of embarassement and loss of control.

ive got lots of random things wrong with my belly. i have hiatus hernia, which is wheer my stomach is physically going up into my oesophegus. this causes bad nausea, reflux, indigestion, and ironically, vomiting (but i never have). i also have delayed gastric emptying, which is pretty much where i digest food too slowly causing more reflux and nausea. last one is fructose intolerance and wheat intolerance, but im not nearly as careful about the dietary restrictions as i should be.

I have IBS, acid reflux and a motility disorder. My digestive system takes MUCH longer to go through it's process and therefore I am full very quickly and I feel that way for hours, often causing n*. My gastro doc tried me on Reglan but I had some awful side effects - like hallucinations (ants crawling on me, tried to jump out a 2nd floor window). I was severely anorexic for 12 years and believe I royally screwed my digestive system up and I have to live with it.

I have an ulcer down there that makes me dry heave constantly due to extreme hunger.

Ibs, mild dairy intolerance, gerd, and I think an ulcer.

I have been diagnosed with GERD and I believe I have suspected IBS and gastroparesis. I'm not on any types of prescriptions. I was prescribed Nexium awhile ago but I've never really taken it haha.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I have been diagnosed with GERD and I believe I have suspected IBS and gastroparesis. I'm not on any types of prescriptions. I was prescribed Nexium awhile ago but I've never really taken it haha.
    dead, i really recomend taking nexium it actualy helps alot with reflux

Duly noted! I will look into it.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

So I went to the GI Dr two days ago and he said that for my IBS he is going to put me on a new diet. He said it should help control a lot of problems that I have been having. It's called a FODMAP diet. Has anyone heard of this or are they on it?

Lactose intolerance, which started not too long ago /:

I am on the low FODMAP diet and i feel about85% better from what i was. I have suffered with ibs and n* for a long time and im very under weight. My ibs is gone but i do get n* still but no where near as bad. Im in the middle of getting mort tests.

Fodmap is really picking up momentum.
    Are you going to be supervised by a nutritionist for this as it can be very restricting in the beginning?

No I'm not being monitored by a nutritionist he wants me to go back in a month. From what I can see its really hard. I have done the wheat free diet but I haven't done it combined with lactose free along with cutting everything else out. I'm a little nervous about it. Going to start it on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by riss View Post
    I am on the low FODMAP diet and i feel about85% better from what i was. I have suffered with ibs and n* for a long time and im very under weight. My ibs is gone but i do get n* still but no where near as bad. Im in the middle of getting mort tests.
    How long have you been on it? Any pointers for me? Thank you soooo much for letting me know your on it.

I have IBS-C self diagnosed and GERD.

I have Celiac Disease and am lactose intolerant.