Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just joined. Concerned.

Hi. I'm a 31 year old female and I've had this fear since early childhood.

The problem at the moment is that I have no appetite. It started yesterday. I worked in the early day and came home to eat lunch. I was not hungry for dinner. I only ate a small amount. Today I woke up and I'm still not hungry. I've had some mint tea and that's about it. When I'm stressed or have a panic attack, sometimes a symptom will be lack of appetite but the lack of appetite came first. This is why I am worried. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do. Otherwise, I feel relatively average. I have chronic pain issues and a side effect of one of my medications is lack of appetite but I haven't experienced it before. This is very unusual for me and I can't stop obsessively worrying.

Sorry to join and immediately post with something panicky but I don't know what else to do.

Default Re: Just joined. Concerned.

First of all, welcome to the forum I hope this place helps you cope with this phobia and make you feel less alone.

Second, even if you don't have an appetite, try to eat a little. Sometimes we're stressed or anxious and we don't even know it. Therefore, that might be your lack of appetite. Or maybe it's just one of those thing where you're never hungry. sometimes i get that, I'll know I have to eat, but if I try to eat I panic. Start off small, have a piece of toast, some fruit, a muffin, etc. Hopefully your appetite will come around soon