Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: confused :(

Default confused :(

Only me again guys.

The boyfriend's ill... again -.- his doctor said its 'just a sickness bug' ha, brilliant -.-
    The thing is, he rarely has solid poop, he vomits blood sometimes and he doesnt eat properly. Also, hes got cold symptoms (again) too.

So, either his doctor is very wrong or my emetophobia is playing up a treat and I need to face the facts that it may well be a bug :/

MEEHH

Default Re: confused :(

Perhaps it's the flu. Does he have a fever? When we are sick we don't eat poperly, we just can't.

If it's a bug, just avoid him for some days until he gets better. Believe me, it's not the end of the world. You don't have to be there to support him, explain your fear and that's it.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah he says he has a fever and he reckons he has a chest infection too. Also, he vomited bile 3-4 times and had a... watery bottom lol. He only had a bowl of cereal to eat yesterday then brought up bie like half hour later :/ he says he cant stomach taking any pain killers today which means his stomach is still bad.
    He would start to feel better today if it was a bug, right?

Some people are stronger than others. Some vomit many times a day for some days, others vomit once or twice and are done. Maybe he's done now... To vomit 3-4 times, I think it's a bug, but that doesn't mean you are going to catch it.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Hmm :/ well, I am supposed to be stayinf at his tomorrow night so... should I or should I stay away for another day? :/

Are you sure he's vomiting blood? Like, coffee grounds black stuff or bright red blood? Cause bright red blood could be from irritation from throwing up often, but black blood would mean something is very wrong. I don't see how a doctor would just brush this aside. Did he even bring it up to the doctor that he's been vomiting blood?

he vomits bright red blood randomly sometimes then hes fine. but 2 nights ago he said it was bile and he had a bad bottom as well aha. but like i said, he caught a chest infection/cold thing as well :/
    personally i think its the flu, but the doctor said to him its just a regular cold and a stomach bug... but i didnt think people could catch 2 illnesses at the same time?
    im supposed to be stying at his tonight but i dont know if i should...

Quote Originally Posted by xCescaaaa View Post
    he vomits bright red blood randomly sometimes then hes fine. but 2 nights ago he said it was bile and he had a bad bottom as well aha. but like i said, he caught a chest infection/cold thing as well :/
    personally i think its the flu, but the doctor said to him its just a regular cold and a stomach bug... but i didnt think people could catch 2 illnesses at the same time?
    Unless you have had a flu vaccine I wouldn't. If it is the flu you could catch that easier then a sv.

i had the flu a couple days after christmas. absolutely awful! i dont really want that again... but me being me, i'd rather have the flu than be throwing up for a day or two aha.
    hes said that no one else has caught a vomiting bug that hes been around and that was on saturday night and today is tuesday... so, maybe the dotor was wrong and im right hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by xCescaaaa View Post
    That's still completely abnormal. Change doctors.

I know its abnormal and so does he... and his mum and my mum, brother, step dad etc. But the doctor told him to bring him a sample of what he's bringing up but won't give him a sample pot -.-
    The thing I wanna know is if it sounds like the flu or a tummy bug :/ I'm genuinely so confused and his doctor pissed me off saying it was a tummy bug and said he has just an ordinary cold as well -.-
    My boyfriends mum doesn't really eat anything like he doesn't either. They're both quite unhealthy and any illness spreads like wildfire with them. But, its been 2 nights since he threw up and she hasn't caught anything of the sort.

Just confused