Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default traveling in an airplane tomorrow, nervous about motion sickness :(

so tomorrow morning i'm flying from the east coast to vancouver; in total it's going to be around 8.5 hours in the air... i'm usually able to deal with the motion sickness, but i'm really nervous this time around because it will be my first time traveling alone
    i've been having irregular BMs all week and i have constant butterflies in my stomach, and i'm sure both will get worse tomorrow.
    could you guys give me some tips on how to deal with motion sickness on long trips?
    i have dramamine and seabands, but does zofran work for motion sickness?
    i'm just really really nervous about this

Default Re: traveling in an airplane tomorrow, nervous about motion sickness :(

You've got the tools that you need. This sounds like something you really want to do to face your fear for it. Take a deep breath. You'll get on the plane, fly and arrive safe. You'll have a good time on your trip and look forward to doing it again. You can do this. It means a lot to you.

Dramamine and Seabands should be enough. Take a Zofran just in case. Be sure to not touch the tray tables, I've heard that 1 in 6 of them harbor you know what...
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Hi emmabean
    Responding to your post en route from Arizona to Chicago. Had a mini panic attack when we first took off but my mom and the nice man I'm sitting next to helped calm me. Still have 2.5 hours but I think I'm going to be alrighy. I know it was all anxiety but of course my rational brain isn't as strong as my emet brain. Sounds like you are well prepared with the dramamine send seas bands. I use Bonine and a Releif band-with those I was able to survive a 14 hour flight from Arizona to Heathrow a few years ago. Yay me!
    Not sure how old you are but if you could get an alcoholic beverage and sip it, it will help calm your nerves. However, if you are under 21, disregard!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost