Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How to recover from a period of not eating?

I haven't eaten much since Wednesday. Partly anxiety, then sv. I feel very weak and light-headed. And I feel like I could eat again. Best things to eat to feel normal again quickly?

Default Re: How to recover from a period of not eating?

BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast. I usually just have a little plain white rice and put in a TINY TINY bit of butter to give it a little taste. Hope you are feeling better!

Yesterday I was eating crackers and spaghetti noodles (hubby made dinner, spaghetti). Today I woke up HUNGRY! Had some OJ hoping the sugar and vitamins would give me energy. It helped and with a little extra sleep, and food, i am feeling pretty good. Think I am back to my normal eating habits now.

I was going to reply with my suggestions as how to start eating again, but guess I don't need to anymore. Glad you are feeling back to normal.

Drink Plenty of water first as it will get your digestive system moving, then slowly introduce something like toast or bread. If that goes down without any belly aches, then move on to a bit more.