Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh. So SICK of feeling nauseous...

I've been feeling nauseous all day today and all day yesterday AGAIN. It's really bad, and sometimes I feel like heaving. Thing is, I can eat just fine? I'm really confused... Could this just be my GERD playing up or something? Because I am getting bad 'reflux' again although I've taken my Omeprazole 40mg.. It's definitely some type of nausea because sometimes I feel as if I will be s*, I feel extremely weird for a few seconds and feel like I'm going to heave. Nothing happens and I'm actually surprised.

It just came on for no reason yesterday. I wasn't even anxious or anything... I'm really starting to think it isn't 'anxiety' but something else. I'm seeing a doctor and I've got to go back on Thursday but they're also confused with what's wrong with me.

I've been crying most of the day today and yesterday because I'm fed up with it. I just want to go through days feeling 'fine' like I was a few weeks ago..

I really miss the days when I was like, 7 - 11 years old when I was anxiety and nausea free. I only felt nauseous when I had a cold or something.

I guess the point of this topic is to ask for reassurance that I will be ok. Because to be honest, I'm really considering giving up... I'm depressed enough as it is.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Ugh. So SICK of feeling nauseous...

I definitely think its gerd. From Thursday ive been feeling the same way it sucks but if you have an appetite you are NOT dick. Just keep eating small meals to soak up excess acid

Thanks Stephenie, I thought so. Living with GERD really does suck when you have emet. I feel a little better now but I know I won't be having a good nights sleep again. I laughed at the typo by the way. 'dick'.

Lmao oh god.

I have the same problem extremely often and I also have GERD. You can take up to 80 mg of Omeprazole a day so you might try that. I don't think you're sick since you have an appetite and you didn't mention d*. Hope all is well and you're feeling like your normal self.

Maybe you've eaten something that triggered your GERD. My daughter also has GERD and her diet is very limited, but it keeps her feeling good, so I don't complain. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Do you have an inclined pillow or bed? I have these for my daughter and they help her.

I often get feelings like this, when my acid reflux is playing up I get a really thick mucus in my throat which sits just behind my gag reflex. I can eat fine and feel hungry but every now and then I'll suddenly feel like I want to heave. I've yet to find anything to help this apart from ignoring it, taking this liquid medicine my doctor prescribed and sipping at water when it gets bad. The pillow thing that Grace mentioned is a must. I have three pillows on my bed to make sure my head and shoulders are inclined and this really, really helps.

Hi everyone. Thank you for the replies.

Hmmm, I did eat quite a lot yesterday, and was drinking quite a lot of fizzy drinks so that could be the reason. I've been almost fine today thankfully. I'll explain that the tablets are working but not well enough and that I may need a stronger dose. I'll get my stool and blood test results tomorrow, and this is going to sound crazy but I'm actually hoping it is something so it can be treated and voilą, I'm feeling better. But when it's anxiety, it's going to take AGES to put right. :/

Whisper, I have the exact same thing with the mucus feeling in the throat. I swallow sometimes and feel something very thick at the back of my throat. I'm guessing this is also a symptom of GERD? I heard that the mucus is protecting your throat from further damage of the acid that keeps coming up. Ahhh, I only lean on one pillow in bed. I will definitely lay on more pillows from now on.

I just thought of something. Why is it that it's not so bad when I'm laying on my right side? It's bad when I lean on my left side.

Can't put up with it anymore... :/ Sorry if TMI, ..............................but it always feels like food is coming back up and I feel nauseous..