Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sickness at work

I work as a trainee at a big company and I just got a call from my boss that the person who is in charge of running the catering and kitchen (she doesn't prepare any food, only takes care of taking the food and beverages into the meeting room) isn't going to come to work tomorrow since she is ill. I promised that I could do her duties although its not what I normally do. A friend of mine who also works there and knows about my phobia just called and said that the person I will substitute tomorrow actually got the stomach bug and got send home in the middle of the day. Now I'm going crazy with worry that I might catch it as well. I'm already planning on disinfecting the kitchen and washing hands like crazy, but is it enough? Am I crazy if I go there tomorrow? I don't know what to do, but I can't really call my boss and say I won't do it. I'm also scared that there will now be an epidemic at work..

Default Re: Sickness at work

There won't be if you do all that. You have a good plan which I am sure your boss would approve of. You may actually prevent an outbreak. I'm sure everyone will be glad for that. If your co-workers wash their hands properly, they will wash any v or d particles away. You don't know where they got it. It was probably from their families at home and not at your job. You'll do fine and everyone will appreciate your efforts. Good luck tomorrow!