Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just scared again

Yesterday I had a bad tummy day. I adopted a dog from a shelter that's a couple of towns over. So I had to wait to pick him up after he was neutered. So yesterday we went to go pick him up and he smelled so bad plus rotten teeth. So I had him on my lap all the way home which took about 45 minutes. My stomach turned the whole way from the smell. I couldn't shake it. Which means I didn't eat. But I got hungry at midnight and ate a few fig newtons and a tofrurkey sandwich. I had gas all night. Then this morning it felt like something got stuck in my throat so I was coughing so hard it made my stomach hurt. Since then I've been nauseated. Hot and cold. I don't know what's going on. My period is suppose to start in a few days so maybe it's that. I'm just so miserable and can't get out of bed.

Default Re: Just scared again

Oh yeah and I completely forgot. I went to get my hair colored. I typically steer clear of other bathrooms but I had to pee really bad. I went in the bathroom which is the bathroom for the whole complex. I went in the first stall the bathroom smelled. But I went to lift the lid and it was full of poo. I shut it real quick and went to the next one. Washed my hands and left I was so grossed out. And of course my emet mind thinks that person had Noro. Now today I feel bad. I don't know what's going on. I'm miserable.

Eating at mid night will cause belly pains and nausea, as at night our digestion slows down and any food in the stomach will say there until morning. Its never a good idea to eat before within 2-3 hours of going to bed. The hot and cold will come from the anxiety of nausea, I bet you got the pains first, then the nausea and then the hot and cold. Drink lots of water to keep the digestion moving and you will be fine.

Thanks. I've been in bed most of the day. Trying to make it through laundry. Now I think IBS is acting up. Everytime I go to the bathroom I have a panic attack. I wish I didn't live like this.