Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Getting anxious around certain dates - anyone else do this?

Hi everyone

Im just posting this to see if anyone else does this or if its just me!
    so the 6th and 7th feb last year, I had some sort of stomach issue but I don't know what it was. I had d* and felt so close to v*. Whether this was just panic or whether I actually managed to stop myself I did not v* but didn't have much of an appetite and felt rubbish for a few days. To me, this stands out as one of the nearest times it has been to actually happening and now it's a year later, and I'm here on my own at Uni and very run down so I am very anxious that a) i will get ill from being run down/anaemic and this will make me more susceptible to getting sick and also worrying as it is the "anniversary" (weird term to use I know) of the last time. Although I know it is illogical to think it will happen again on the same year, I can't help but worry. Especially as I am already feeling like I am getting ill as have the start of a sore throat and really extreme fatigue and joint and muscle aches from anaemia and some other health issues.

does any one else have similar feelings? O reassurance?

Default Re: Getting anxious around certain dates - anyone else do this?

Yes I do. I don't know what I'm going to do in May 13, I was sick twice in that date, when I was 6 and 14. I know that it was a coincidence, but I still worry.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After I had a case of the sv I also found myself worried about the "anniversary" the following year. I tried to tell myself that my body doesn't know it's the same date and the chances of that happening again on that date are slim. It's just our negative thoughts getting in the way of our rational thoughts. Hope this helps!

Yeah I do it all the time! I had something on October 14th 2011 and was nervous and anxious this past anniversary. Nothing happened though You'll be fine!

The memory of something happening to you concerning your fear on a particular day can stay with you, especially if your phobia is really gripping. Or anything else really. I get nervous around October because of something that happened to me, particularly Halloween, but you'll be fine with it either way.

Yeah I get nervous on the anniversary too...not sure why though. I do have a weird thought as the anniversary passes that I survived without doing it for another year...then it's like on average I vomit once every three years it seems and I am scared shitless because this is year 3 in my cycle. but I know a lot more hygiene secrets thanks to here now than I did then.

It happened to me too. I was sick december 28th 2011 with some kind of virus.... but then the 28th came in 2012 and I was fine! Don't worry about it.

I get nervous in for the month of May because every year from when i was 12-18 I had some sort of accident or incident in that month- bruised cocyex, disocated shoulder, parents divorced, really badly sprained ankle, cut off my finger tip and then I was hit by a car. For the last couple of years nothing has happened but I still am on edge waiting for something. and I get worried the first week in October as that was the last time I was sick. I was fine this last October, but I felt sicky from anxiety!

I know it's stupid, but I really can't stop myself from worrying!

Yes absolutely. I also get edgy on other people's anniversaries.

I get this as well, and I agree with what Erica said about once the date passes you feel as if you have survived and can relax a little again! I also get it with places, if I was sick or felt unwell while I was out at a certain place I find it really tough to go back to the same place again, the same with what tv show I was watching at the time I got sick or what music I was listening to. I even remember certain tv shows or the food I ate when I was sick as a child and avoid them to this day!