Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help me sort this out! I'm so scared :(

I'm so terrified that what I'm feeling is the beginning of SV, and just want a clear perspective. I can't tell if what I'm feeling is IBS, anxiety, SV/n, or what!
    I've been having lots of IBS symptoms the past couple days with lots of bloating and feeling backed up. All day yesterday I had terrible discomfort in my lower belly but today it's changed to like a combo of indigestion, n*, feeling gassy, and sharp pain all in my upper left side. I haven't had any d and I've been feeling this way for at least 8 hours-it hasn't really gotten worse.
    I've read posts from other members who said their SV started with upper abdomen pain so of course I can't get that out of my head. If this were SV, would I have had other symptoms or would it have gotten progressively worse by now?
    I would chalk it up to IBS, except my emet brain won't let this SV thought go.
    Please let me know your thoughts......I'm away from home without my usual support structure to turn to.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Default Re: Please help me sort this out! I'm so scared :(

If you are feeling gassy then that's a good sign indicating things are moving along. I think it definitely sounds like an IBS flare up. I've been feeling similarly all week. It could also be a hormonal imbalance issue. I definitely think you are fine! Feel better!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Thanks dead.......I hope and pray that's the case.
    I'm back home in chicago for my grandpa's funeral. My hubby is at home and he's usually my voice of reason. Im with my mom, but she's dealing with enough without having to listen to me freak out.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”

My condolences. Funerals are tough. It would make sense that you are feeling ill. That is a lot to deal with and also taking into consideration that you are away from your husband. Sending good vibes your way.
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

The symptoms that you are describing are the exact symptoms I have with my IBS C. Even the upper left side pain. Sounds like you are backed up...it's miserable to be sure..but not the SV.

With all the stress of the funeral and being away from home, I am not surprised your IBS is flaring up. I do not think it is sv. I know IBS is affected by stress. I am so sorry for your recent loss.

Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement. It must've been IBS and anxiety cause today i woke up and have been feeling very well, hungry even. There's so much yummy food here in Chicago that I can't get back home I've decided to try and take advantage of it.
    It was tough saying goodbye to my grandpa today but I like to think he's back together with my grandma.
    Thank you all for your support and kind words!
    Jennifer

Have a good time! My FIL is from Chicago and all he ever does is talk about the food there. He's a major foodie, so he must know what he's talking about. I'm glad you're feeling better.

You should hit up the Rainforest Cafe
    My shadow

We actually have a Rainforest Cafe in Az-best Asian Chicken Salad I've ever had!
    There's this mid-west based ice cream shoppe called Oberwies where they sell sundaes, malts, shakes, waffle cones and fresh milk and it is hands-down the most amazing ice cream I've ever had. It's one of those places where you gain 5lbs just from walking through the door. We stopped there yesterday after the burial ceremony for an ice cream treat......only Oberweis could make me crave ice cream in 20 degree,rainy weather-hahaha! Tonite we're going out for famous Chicago pizza.
    I swear, they are going to have to roll me off the plane when I get home!
    Jennifer

OMGosh! My fil talks about Chicago pizza all the time. Enjoy yourself! Back to the Sun State soon.

That ice cream parlor sounds amazing. I'm drooling.
    My shadow